NBC Universal Business Analyst Intern in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job Number 33581BR
Job Title Business Analyst Intern
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business International UPHE
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.
Universal Pictures, part of NBCU Universal, is one of the oldest movie studios in Hollywood and has been in existence since 1912. Universal Pictures is a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, with robust and multi-faceted divisions across all areas including digital, home entertainment, network and cable television distribution, studio operations, and consumer products and recreation.
Universal Pictures International Entertainment (UPIE) is its international home entertainment division, headquartered in London. UPIE markets and distributes in DVD and Blu-ray, Universal new releases, catalogue and special interest titles, as well as rights to other third party products distribution, via Universal offices in the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brazil and Mexico. UPIE is additionally very active in local acquisitions in each of these markets and also sells and distributes home entertainment product via 30 licensee relationships covering approximately 100 additional territories. In Benelux, UPIE has obtained the distribution rights for Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment titles, becoming one of the top distributors of home entertainment products in the Benelux.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
State/Province - -
For our Amsterdam, Netherlands based office we are looking for an eager and dedicated intern. If you are looking for an exciting working experience within the movie industry this is a great opportunity!
This internship will enable you to bring your theoretical learning to practice within a small Sales department. Here the sales activities are executed for all our Home Entertainment products of Universal and Paramount in Belgium. As an Intern you assist the Sales Manager and the Account Managers with a variety of analytical, numerical and administrative related tasks. You will have a number of own tasks you can work on independently, but receive guidance daily.
This internship is a working internship most suitable for third or fourth year Bachelor students. It requires availability during 4 -5 days per week. The internship allowance is EUR 500,- gross per month. Start of internship negotiable. For applications or information please contact HR: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Analyse the sell through of promotions and feedback to manager and different internal stakeholders;
• Determine the optimal assortment for customers of MediaMarkt and Carrefour on a monthly basis based on numbers/ results and forecast;
• Analyse sell through of new release titles and present;
• Set up tables and historical data of sales per month in order to forecast and prepare for future releases and campaigns;
• Based on the daily revenue determine our position against forecasted targets;
• Responsible for filling the MediaMarkt excel template that is used for creation of new products;
• Inform and enter all systematic price drops with our key accounts;
• Adjust forecasts based upon incoming sales orders;
• Monitor revenue and sales numbers and inform our customers and internal stakeholders;
• Ad hoc assignments or related administrative duties.
Qualifications (essential & desired)
• Bachelor student (International) Business, Economics/Finance or related;
• Minimum availability to be define, no maximum timeframe;
• Analytical mind-set and good numerical skills
• Problem solving skills and able to work to tight deadlines;
• Enjoys working within a team, but is able to work independent as well. Contributes to great team atmosphere;
• Good communicator: ability to work across functions, countries and work with external stakeholders;
• Fluent in English both speaking & writing; French would be a plus;
• Systems: Can work basics of Excel and Word and is a quick learner.