NBC Universal Legal Intern in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job Number 33564BR
Job Title Legal Intern
Business Segment Staff
Sub-Business International Corporate
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBCUniversal’s international operations outside the US and Canada include film and television distribution, home entertainment distribution, channels, film and television production, theme parks and news operations. With more than 2,200 employees across 34 countries, NBCUniversal’s international portfolio consists of international channels delivering quality content to 176 territories across EMEA, Latin America and Asia; television production labels in both UK and Australia; a library of 4,000 feature films and 75,000 TV episodes for international television distribution; direct film distribution operations in 11 countries; direct home entertainment distribution operations in 7 countries with licensee relationships covering approximately 55 additional territories; CNBC International, which broadcasts across EMEA and APAC; Parks & Resorts operated through license agreements in Singapore and Japan; and an international NBC News team based in London.
Our Amsterdam-based Legal team is part of the company’s Corporate Functions, which enables the creation and distribution of entertainment to the world.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
State/Province - -
An exciting opportunity has opened for an internship with the Amsterdam-based legal department of Universal Studios International BV (USI), part of global media company NBCUniversal! Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding work environment? Interested in a legal career in media or the entertainment industry? If so, this is a great opportunity for you to gain valuable work experience in a fun and friendly atmosphere!
An internship with the legal department of USI will expose you to the inner workings of practicing entertainment and intellectual property law within a global media company. You will gain a deep understanding of our work through hands-on, practical experience, including reviewing contracts, participating in conference calls, and performing relevant legal research. You will also assist a small but close-knit legal team to ensure the smooth operation of our International Television Distribution business. And of course, you will have access to the great perks that go along with working for an international media company!
This internship is most suitable for third- or fourth-year Bachelor students. It requires a 5-day per week availability and provides for a monthly stipend. The start date of the internship is September. For applications or information, please contact Ms. Virginia Dilsizian, Human Resources, at Virginia.Dilsizian@nbcuni.com.
• Assist in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating international license agreements for television and media license agreements for customers like Netflix.
• Prepare for and attend calls and meetings with the company’s Legal, Finance, and Sales staff.
• Assemble and prepare deal memos, amendments, and other ancillary legal documents as necessary.
• Assist in maintaining up-to-date files and archives.
• Review and update legal clauses and forms.
• Check and proofread drafts prepared by Contract Administrators.
• Perform relevant legal research and analysis regarding new legal developments within intellectual property and entertainment law.
• Provide general support to the Legal team.
• Perform other duties or special projects as necessary.
• 3rd or 4th year Bachelor student at a recognized HBO or equivalent; legal or law-related course of study required;
• Minimum availability for internship: 5 months, with a 6 month maximum time frame;
• Excellent oral and written English skills required;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Experienced in Microsoft Office, and comfortable using other diverse operating systems;
• Able to work independently, with effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks;
• Experience working in an international environment is preferred but is not required;
• Professionalism, commitment to quality and integrity, and strong self-motivation;
• Able to work in a team-oriented environment and willing to assist others as needed.