NBC Universal Marketing Intern UPHE in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job Number 33579BR
Job Title Marketing Intern UPHE
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business International UPHE
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.
Universal Pictures, part of NBCU Universal, is one of the oldest movie studios in Hollywood and has been in existence since 1912. Universal Pictures is a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, with robust and multi-faceted divisions across all areas including digital, home entertainment, network and cable television distribution, studio operations, and consumer products and recreation.
Universal Pictures International Entertainment (UPHE) is its international home entertainment division, headquartered in London. UPIE markets and distributes in DVD and Blu-ray, Universal new releases, catalogue and special interest titles, as well as rights to other third party products distribution, via Universal offices in the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brazil and Mexico. UPHE is additionally very active in local acquisitions in each of these markets and also sells and distributes home entertainment product via 30 licensee relationships covering approximately 100 additional territories. In Benelux, UPHE has obtained the distribution rights for Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment titles, becoming one of the top distributors of home entertainment products in the Benelux.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
State/Province - -
An exciting opportunity has opened for an internship with the Amsterdam-based Marketing Theatrical team, part of global media company NBCUniversal! Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding work environment? Interested in a Marketing career in media or the entertainment industry? If so, this is a great opportunity for you to gain valuable work experience in a professional, fun and friendly atmosphere!
This internship will enable you to bring your theoretical learning to practice within a dynamic Marketing department. Here the Marketing and PR activities are set up for all our Home Entertainment products of Universal and Paramount in the Benelux. As an Intern you assist the Senior Product Manager and other Product managers on request. You will have a number of own tasks you can work on independently, but receive guidance daily.
This internship is a working internship most suitable for third or fourth year Bachelor students. It requires availability during 4-5 days per week. The internship allowance is EUR 500,- gross per month. Start of internship September 2017. For applications or information please contact HR: Ms. Virginia Dilsizian, firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 20 5148531
• Assist in setting up marketing campaigns and executing them;
• Draft (on and offline ) advertising plans and coordinate these;
• Set up monthly PR briefings and liaise with the PR agencies;
• Analyse sales results;
• Handle prize contests and requests for reviews in partnership with the PR agencies;
• Provide Sales team and PR agencies with the assets they need;
• Present upcoming campaigns and participate in the bi-monthly Sales & Marketing meetings;
• Diverse work on the consumer and sales website in partnership with the web designer; i.e. updating and checking, add new releases, making sure we provide accurate info etc.
• Write and check synopsis texts for DVD/Blu-ray’s;
• Draft the Sales sheet and send to our retailers;
• Send and archive check discs;
• Monitor new releases and order for internal use/ PR;
• Ad hoc assignments or related administrative duties.
Qualifications (essential & desired)
• Bachelor student Marketing, Communication, International Business or related;
• Minimum availability for internship: 20 weeks, no maximum timeframe;
• Persuasive communicator: ability to work across functions and work with external stakeholders;
• Problem solving skills and able to work to tight deadlines;
• Fosters creativity and innovation;
• Enjoys working within a team, but is able to work independent as well. Contributes to great team atmosphere;
• Fluent in Dutch and English both speaking & writing;
• Systems: Can work basics of Excel, Word and PowerPoint and is a quick learner.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.