NBC Universal Marketing Intern UPI in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job Number 33583BR
Job Title Marketing Intern UPI
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business International UPI
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Universal Pictures International markets and distributes films through cinemas in locations outside of the US through our own offices, joint ventures or in partnership with licensees. In our office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands our team of 16 colleagues works closely together to make the releases of Universal, Paramount and Sony a great success.
For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
State/Province - -
An exciting opportunity has opened for an internship with the Amsterdam-based Marketing Theatrical team, part of global media company NBCUniversal! Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding work environment? Interested in a Marketing career in media or the entertainment industry? If so, this is a great opportunity for you to gain valuable work experience in a professional, fun and friendly atmosphere! You will get exposure to connections in the film business, access to exclusive premieres and exciting new content.
This internship is most suitable for third year Bachelor students. It requires a 5-day per week availability and provides for a monthly allowance of EUR 500 gross. The start date of the internship is September. For applications or information, please contact Ms. Virginia Dilsizian, Human Resources, at Virginia.Dilsizian@nbcuni.com or +31 20 51489835.
• Handle prize contests for new film releases: contact with agencies, deliver assets, check designs, send out film tickets and goodies;
• Support activities for the Marketing team related to assembling and shipping posters and packages;
• Review and amend social media and online posts and assets; localize and amend to match website features and social media channels;
• Monitor and maintain diverse social media platforms;
• Create presentations and overviews for a range of media tied to film releases;
• Assist during events like special screenings and film premieres;
• Ad hoc assignments or related administrative duties.
Qualifications (essential & desired)
• Bachelor student Marketing, Communication or related;
• Minimum availability for internship: 20 weeks, no maximum timeframe;
• Eager to learn, ambitious, motivated and with a passion for Film.
• Problem solving skills and able to work to tight deadlines and maintain accuracy;
• Fosters creativity and innovation;
• Enjoys working within a team, but is able to work independent as well. Contributes to great team atmosphere;
• Persuasive communicator: ability to work across functions and work with external stakeholders;
• Fluent in Dutch and English both speaking & writing;
• Systems: Can work basics of Excel, Word and PowerPoint and is a quick learner.