NBC Universal Operations Intern in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job Number 33582BR
Job Title Operations Intern
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business International UPHE
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.
Universal Pictures, part of NBCU Universal, is one of the oldest movie studios in Hollywood and has been in existence since 1912. Universal Pictures is a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, with robust and multi-faceted divisions across all areas including digital, home entertainment, network and cable television distribution, studio operations, and consumer products and recreation.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) is its international home entertainment division, headquartered in Los Angeles. UPHE markets and distributes in DVD and Blu-ray, Universal new releases, catalogue and special interest titles, as well as rights to other third party products distribution, via Universal offices in the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brazil and Mexico. UPHE is additionally very active in local acquisitions in each of these markets and also sells and distributes home entertainment product via 30 licensee relationships covering approximately 100 additional territories. In Benelux, UPHE has the distribution rights for Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment titles, being one of the top distributors of home entertainment products in the Benelux.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
State/Province - -
For our Amsterdam, the Netherlands, based office we are looking for an eager and dedicated intern. If you are looking for an exciting working experience within the move industry this is a great opportunity!
This internship will enable you to bring your theoretical learning to practice within a small but dynamic Operations department. Here the logistics are smoothly dealt with for all our Home Entertainment products of Universal and Paramount in the Benelux. At the moment this is an exciting time as we are driving a major project of implementing a new distributer. As an Intern you assist the Stock Controller with maintaining optimal inventory management in a timely manner in close liaison with suppliers, Distribution Center and internal customers, to ensure an efficient flow in our Supply Chain.
This internship is a working internship most suitable for third or fourth year Bachelor students. It requires availability during 5 days per week. The internship allowance is EUR 500,- gross per month. Start of internship is September 2017. For applications or information please contact HR: Ms. Virginia Dilsizian, firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 20 5148531
• Partner up with Stock Controller on a project of a major implementation of new distribution partner;
• Maintaining stock levels, based on demand, sales plans, actual customer orders and existing stocks;
• Placing of Purchase Orders in SAP;
• Placing orders of print components for production in vendor-system.
• Place ‘rework’ orders with Distribution Center to re-use existing stock;
• Follow-up the orders with vendors, to ensure timely delivery;
• Valuation of stocks (product cost) in our SAP system, with tracking information from suppliers (bill of material);
• Recurring reporting and frequent ad hoc to both internal and external departments on stock numbers (i.e. available stock, expected delivery date, stock forecast, etc.);
• Liaise with Sales for upcoming market-wide and customer specific promotions, special deals and forecasts;
• Liaise with Marketing for any missing artwork elements, product changes etc.
• May participate in Collaborative Planning Meetings in order to align action plans with other departments;
• Identifying product master changes and have these executed by the Distribution Centre;
• May participate in Operations related projects;
• Other related administrative tasks as required;
• Ad hoc assignments or related administrative duties.
Qualifications (essential & desired)
• 3rd or 4th year Bachelor student; International Business, Logistics, Economics, Business Administration or comparable;
• Minimum availability for internship: 20 weeks, no maximum timeframe;
• Persuasive communicator: ability to work across functions and work with external stakeholders;
• Problem solving skills and able to work to tight deadlines;
• Analytical and focused thinker;
• Rigorous, accurate and organised;
• Enjoys working within a team, but is able to work independent as well. Contributes to great team atmosphere;
• Fluent in English both speaking & writing;
• Systems: Quick learner and affinity with systems (SAP). Advanced knowledge of Excel is a big plus!