NBC Universal Stock Controller in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job Number 34523BR
Job Title Stock Controller
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business International UPHE
Posting Category Administrative Support
About Us NBCUniversal’s international operations outside the US and Canada include film and television distribution, home entertainment distribution, channels, film and television production, theme parks and news operations. The company is led by Kevin MacLellan, Chairman. MacLellan is responsible for oversight of all NBCUniversal International’s businesses, as well as identifying and executing international growth opportunities for both NBCUniversal and Comcast Corporation. With more than 2,200 employees across 34 countries, NBCUniversal’s international portfolio consists of international channels delivering quality content to 176 territories across EMEA, Latin America and Asia; television production labels in both UK and Australia; a library of 4,000 feature films and 75,000 TV episodes for international television distribution; direct film distribution operations in 11 countries; direct home entertainment distribution operations in 7 countries with licensee relationships covering approximately 55 additional territories; CNBC International, which broadcasts across EMEA and APAC; Parks & Resorts operated through license agreements in Singapore and Japan; and an international NBC News team based in London.
Career Level Experienced
State/Province - -
The Stock Controller optimizes inventory management and defines and implements procurement plans in a timely manner in close liaison with suppliers and our Distribution Center.
• Identification and implementation of procurement plans based on the needs and existing stocks for finished products (DVD, Blu-Ray and UHD);
• Placing of orders for production parts (print);
• Liaise with MRP controller to feed the Demand Planning System with correct Forecasts and other related data to raise production orders.
• Coordinate the production with vendors to timely deliver in DC for shipments to our customers, or for direct shipments from vendor to customers;
• Valuation of stocks in our database with tracking information from suppliers (bill of material);
• Checking invoices / solve billing discrepancies from our production vendors;
• Recurring reporting and frequent ad hoc to both internal and external departments on stock numbers (i.e. current stock, stock forecast revaluation etc.);
• Monitoring sales forecast to ensure product availability;
• Liaise with internal departments (i.e. Sales and Marketing);
• Participate in Collaborative Planning Meetings with specific responsibility of tracking the New Releases / Catalogue Campaigns from forecast, demand, production and inventory perspective, to align action plans with other departments;
• Continuously looking for improvement of department processes, aiming for efficiency;
• Participate in Operations related projects;
• Other related administrative tasks as required.
Qualifications (essential & desired)
• Bachelor degree in a Finance or Logistics field – 1-2 years relevant work experience in a related position within an international business;
• Accurate, rigorous, highly organized, supply chain oriented;
• Strong analytical skills; ability to analyse large amounts of data, understanding the essence and compiling reports;
• Skilled in working with systems (SAP, internal or vendor systems), experienced Excel user, etc.; next to entering data knows the systems ins & outs;
• Positive, friendly, communicative but down-to-earth, with a ‘can do’ mentality;
• Able to work independently and act as a team player;
• Ability to prioritize his/ her own work and able to work with tight deadlines;
• Fluent in Dutch and English both speaking & writing. French is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.