NBC Universal Content Producer -WWSI in Bala-Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Job Number 35371BR
Job Title Content Producer -WWSI
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - WCAU
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Content Producers work closely with Show Producers and Assignment Editors, as well as Reporters and Anchors to desktop edit, write, produce and gather content on all of WWSI and WCAU’s platforms, including but not limited to Out-of-Home, web and broadcast.
• Content Producers will be responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories on all platforms throughout the day.
• Have a full understanding of current events and Telemundo tools to help achieve daily goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to join AFTRA as this position may be covered by the AFTRA collective bargaining agreement.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Bala Cynwyd, PA
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Minimum 2 year experience in news gathering and/or production
• Minimum 2 year experience writing, producing and desktop editing
• Knowledge of Telemundo News standards and ethics.
• Strong desire to deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms
• A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies
• Strong journalistic skills
• Significant experience in the news environment
• Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Experience editing content on a desktop editing system
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadline
• Team player mentality
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.