NBC Universal Digital Editorial Director - WCAU in Bala-Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Job Number 34857BR
Job Title Digital Editorial Director - WCAU
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - WCAU
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Define the overall digital editorial vision and lead digital managers in executing on that strategy, coordinating across all platforms.
• Develop strategic plans for online editorial coverage of events, elections, severe weather, and station initiatives.
• Manage editorial and business strategy, operations and direction for nbc10.com web site, social media, and mobile assets. This includes driving the operational vision, and leading the management team on managing the local editorial voice, programming the homepage, gathering and prioritizing content from a range of sources and feeds, managing the execution of publishing workflows, adhering to editorial style guides, and hitting aggressive benchmarks for the volume and frequency of content publication.
• Partner closely with peers in the newsroom to ensure coordination of efforts and the ongoing
transformation of the traditional news model into multi-platform content.
• Participate in editorial meetings and act as liaison between television and digital platforms.
• Create original articles, videos and slideshows, assign stories across the newsroom, and curate a wide variety of stories from other sources, including blogs, newspapers, online publications and magazines.
• Collaborate with counterparts in other local markets to share stories and resources across all of NBC’s local websites and digital platforms.
• Liaise with national Integrated Media and local station leadership team, providing regular updates of business strategies and objectives.
• Monitor traffic, qualitative and engagement trends for digital and mobile platforms and share with leadership team.
• Manage local marketing efforts for digital platforms. Participate in business development with sales management and account executives to provide digital sales ideation. Seek and review business development opportunities for all news platforms.
• Partner closely with sales. Present editorial projects, franchises and associated traffic and qualitative metrics to sales team on regular basis, providing specific advertising solution for clients. Attend client meetings as necessary.
• Manage contracts on content partnerships and legal issues of web site.
• Lead weekly digital team meeting, providing summary of editorial, marketing, business development and research efforts.
• Set and monitor traffic and engagement goals for editorial team.
• Supervise, mentor and manage the station’s web site team.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a broadcast TV, Cable TV and/or Web-Internet management or operational role.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
• Must submit a resume through nbcunicareers.com to job number
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be able to work early morning, night and weekend hours when demanded by the group's start up environment, breaking news or other editorial responsibilities
• Must be willing to work at the station location in the Philadelphia market
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills.
• Must be able to effectively lead and manage a staff in a creative, demanding, and breaking news environment.
• Strong journalism and editorial skills; high journalistic integrity
• Experience managing online editorial teams, with the ability to coach, mentor, direct, and provide feedback to those employees
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proven ability to determine a strategic vision and lead its execution
• Ability to expertly influence a large population to embrace and execute within the digital news space
• Possess a creative and imaginative mindset with proven ability to work independently and multi-task in a results-driven environment.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new internal tools and systems.
• Experience editing video and creating slideshows.
• Must be able to lead large-scale special projects (e.g. Olympics and election coverage)
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.