NBC Universal Critic Relations Manager in Beverly Hills, California
Job Number 35147BR
Job Title Critic Relations Manager
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Marketing
About Us At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Beverly Hills
The Critic Relations Manager will create and cultivate the community of Tomatometer- approved reviewers, and serve as the primary liaison between Rotten Tomatoes and the critics/outlets that make the Tomatometer the most trusted measurement of quality in entertainment. They will play a key role in searching and recruiting new reviewers to expand our pool of respected expert voices in movies and television.
• Actively search for new and essential critics and review outlets, especially using new media/platforms (video, social media) as part of consideration criteria.
• Lead the process of refining/adapting the approval criteria for critics and publications as film/TV criticism evolve.
• Monitor and audit the existing critics base.
• Collaborate with critics and outlets to bring diverse viewpoints into Rotten Tomatoes editorial content.
• Ensure Rotten Tomatoes critics pool and approved outlets represent the entire moviegoing audience.
• Form and maintain strong relationships with key influencers in the film criticism world from media outlets, social platforms, filmmaking community and academia, staying current on the latest industry trends.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the Editorial team to make programming decisions regarding content to feature on the website.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Extended knowledge of film/TV criticism.
• Experience with PR desired.
• Thorough understanding of social media, with an eye towards its impact on news consumption.
• Strong oral, writing, and presentation skills.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Proven ability to work well and be flexible in a fast-moving environment, managing multiple projects within tight deadlines.
• Possess a passion for and expertise in TV, movies, and pop culture.
• Familiarity with different web browsers, and Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.