NBC Universal Director of IT in Beverly Hills, California
Job Number 35004BR
Job Title Director of IT
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Beverly Hills
• Partner with NBCU on company-wide projects and corporate application support, such as email, network monitoring and security tools, maintaining company wide security policies, etc.
• Organize and manage 24/7 Helpdesk.
• Develop and manage corporate network and systems infrastructure - you are responsible for the systems and networking teams who build, maintain, and scale corporate infrastructure to meet company needs.
• Maintain company’s asset management program – Work with HR for allocation and collection of equipment to and from employees, and also manage and update asset tracking reports for internal and audit purposes.
• Refine and manage Corp IT processes such as onboarding and off-boarding resources with HR, retaining and updating department documentation for audit purposes, refining company equipment policies.
• Working with our legal and Program Management teams to ensure that our corporate infrastructure meets internal & 3rd party audit requirements.
• Work with internal teams to ensure their internal tools / servers are up and running.
• Minimum 4, preferably 6+ years of relevant experience.
• Strong interpersonal & communications skills.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external (3rd party) organizations.
• Able to exercise discretion and keep strictest levels of confidentiality.
• Fluent in Linux, Windows, and OSX
• Experience with owning vendor relationships.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (during crunch times!) per day including occasional weekends and holidays.
• B.S. or B.A. in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
• Strong systems, networking, and security background.
• You live and breathe IT OPS
• You can troubleshoot issues and manage your teams while under pressure.
• You treat your team as well as you treat the people above you.
• You love tech and movies!
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.