NBC Universal Director, Project Management - Core Tech in Beverly Hills, California
Job Number 35189BR
Job Title Director, Project Management - Core Tech
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Beverly Hills
The Director of Project Management for Core Technology is responsible for the overall project management function, providing leadership, coordination, and management of the PMO processes and function. The Director will have to manage PMO staff as well as take lead on large scale cross-platform projects for the business.
• Act as the main point of contact for all Core Technology PMO responsibilities:
o Resource allocation
o Team capacity
o Enforcement of corporate policies
o Provide reports and dashboards on latest status on active projects
• Leads communication and execution of all projects within Core Technology
• Supervisor to one or more Project Management staff and providing mentorship and support
• Operational leader who will continually evaluate and improve process to help team productivity
• Responsible for working with internal/external parties to finalize SOWs and track through to final signatures are obtained
• Develop project, release, and rollout plans for large-scale projects varying in complexity
• Work with Product/Development/QA teams to determine project deliverables, milestones and durations.
• Work with teams to ensure constant process improvement.
• Communicate status and expectations of project timelines to all levels of the organization.
• Manage timelines, risk, control scope and communicate any risk events to stakeholders.
• Ensure proper level of documentation is delivered with each project; document requirements if necessary.
• Manage and monitor dependencies across other teams for cross-platform projects.
• Manage project budget and track spend.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 10, preferably 12 years relevant project/program management experience and at least 2 years of scrum/agile experience.
• Must have a deep understanding of project management tools and approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver balanced and integrated solutions
• Must have experience creating project, release, and rollout plans for medium to large-scale projects.
• Experience with working with 3rd parties to work through agreements.
• Experience reviewing user stories and writing user stories if needed.
• Experience with working with the organization to development project roadmaps.
• Enforce processes within the organization.
• Ability to understand and analyze different technology solutions at a high level.
• Strong interpersonal & communications skills.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external (3rd party) organizations.
• Able to exercise discretion and keep strictest levels of confidentiality.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (during crunch times!) per day including occasional weekends and holidays.
• PMP Certification, Agile Certified Practitioner or Certified Scrum Master.
• B.S. or B.A. in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience in a consulting organization managing multiple projects.
• A broad range of knowledge regarding internet technologies, including (but not necessarily limited to) publishing tools, e-commerce engines, profiling and personalization systems, SEO, recommendations tools, mobile technology including client/ server architecture, ad serving integration and working knowledge of mobile web sites.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.