NBC Universal Senior Data Engineer in Beverly Hills, California
Job Number 35058BR
Job Title Senior Data Engineer
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Beverly Hills
• Drive and participate in the definition, the direction, and the development of the Fandango warehousing data platform.
• Work with internal stakeholders to help dictate and scope the requirements.
• Design and implement highly scalable, reliable, extensive and maintainable code frameworks.
• Establish and implement best engineering practices such as architectural design, unit and regression testing, test-driven development, pair programming, and continuous integration frameworks.
• Work with the infrastructure team to ensure that all the required monitoring, exception handling and fault tolerance is in place for a production quality data platform.
Maintain a solid understanding of the mobile applications industry and business acumen(insight ?)
Team up with analysts, product managers, and other stakeholders to understand evolving business needs and translate reporting capabilities accordingly
Identify and investigate emerging trends within our market and the industry as a whole
Assist with process improvement with a customer focused, progressive mindset
Analyze large amounts of data, uncover and solve business challenges
• 5+ years as a professional engineer with experience in production scale platforms.
• Strong industry experience with several development languages (Python, Java, Scala, NodeJs).
• Strong experience in data mining and the development of ETL processes.
• Excellent knowledge and expertise with SQL and Relational & Multi-dimensional Databases.
• Discerning appreciation of best practices in designing data lakes.
• Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts.
• Strong experience with distributed data architectures and their eco-systems (Spark, EMR, Hadoop, Hive).
• Strong experience in delivering data using Streaming Technologies (Kafka, Flume, Spark Streaming).
• Proven ability to deliver high quality, production ready code.
• Experience with continuous integration technologies.
• Expert understanding of the agile software development life cycle.
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Redshift in an enterprise environment.
• Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
• Passionate about big data concepts related to data lakes, data mining, data streaming, data warehousing.
• Proactive in improving development, testing, continuous integration, and production deployment processes.
• Motivated to stay proficient and conversant on the latest innovations in data technology to improve platform features and functionality.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a quantitative concentration or equivalent
4+ years as a professional analyst or data engineer with core experience on quantitative results reporting
Experience (and a passion for) analyzing data, reporting and sharing data through simplified visual representation
Prior experience analyzing logs, SQL, Tableau and other industry tools
Clear examples of improved business performance based on findings
Outstanding problem solving skills and an analytical mindset
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.