NBC Universal Senior Software Engineer - Payments in Beverly Hills, California
Job Number 35164BR
Job Title Senior Software Engineer - Payments
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Beverly Hills
Fandango is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to work on the global commerce platform which serves all Fandango’s famous brands across north and south America, the candidate will work with a experienced team of e-commerce gurus to design, refactor, unify the existing commerce modules of individual business units and build a massively scalable commerce platform in a fashion of SaaS and micro services. You will be leveraging the latest java, nodejs and AWS technologies to help fandango’s payment team to add more features into the global payment platform. You will be working in a continuous delivery environment with full autonomy.
• Analysis, design and understand Fandango’s payment systems of different business units.
• Work closely with product manager and tech lead to deliver solutions for payment/wallets related projects.
• Deliver solutions from designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing and deploying all the way to production.
• Be responsible for production issues, build dashboards and monitoring tools to analysis and troubleshoot.
• Participate in agile practices, standup meetings, backlog grooming and retrospectives.
• Communicate often with tech lead, product and project managers to keep engineering work transparent to the business.
• At least 2 years of experience of full stack development in ecommerce.
• Experience in the development of dealing with Payment Gateways. (Braintree, Cybersource, Safenet etc.).
• Good understanding of PCI scopes and security concerns related to online payment.
• Good understanding of online wallets (Applepay, Androidpay, Paypal, Visacheckout, Masterpass) and credit card purchase workflows.
• Strong understanding of Agile software development life cycle.
• Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
• Provide expertise on reliability and performance challenges that you've conquered in the past
• Thrive in a rapid development environment with an intense focus on quality
• Be a strong team player and work well within a diverse, cross-functional team
• Self-motivated and learn constantly the latest technology in payment world.
• Always provide positive solutions to the problem than negative complains.
• Feel strong ownership of the tasks, user stories and projects that are assigned with “I want to see it is working in production” attitude.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.