NBC Universal Software Engineer 3, Full stack - Ticketing in Beverly Hills, California
Job Number 35166BR
Job Title Software Engineer 3, Full stack - Ticketing
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Beverly Hills
We are building out our API to take Fandango’s movie experience all over the web – blogs, social networks, 3rd party apps, and any other place where people think about movies.
To make this happen, we need to build new cloud-based micro-services, and add external exposure to our partners using RESTful APIs.
You would be a core member of the team responsible for this.
• Writing service code in Node.js and .NET
• Unit testing your work
• Performing code reviews on other team members’ work
• Troubleshooting and bug fixing production issues
• Participating in Agile ceremonies (Standups, Retros, Sprint Planning)
• Tracking your work in a Ticketing system
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years delivering production code for backend services in an Agile Team
• Understands OOP and the Data Structures
• Familiar with Windows and Linux
• Familiar with Unit Testing
• Understands Agile software delivery
• Understands REST, HTTP and the Web
• Has worked with two or more of the following
o VM Languages: Java, C#, Scala, etc.
o Functional Languages: Clojure, Lisp, Erlang, etc.
o The Web: HTML, CSS, jQuery, etc.
• Passionate about technology
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries
• Works well in a team
• Open to new approaches and new ideas
• Excited to hone your craft
• Can take initiative to solve issues
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.