NBC Universal Software Engineer - SDET in Beverly Hills, California
Job Number 35181BR
Job Title Software Engineer - SDET
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Beverly Hills
What would you do at Fandango?
• Work as a full member of an agile software delivery team in a DevOps environment
• Pair with Product Management to design stories and formalize Acceptance Criteria
• Help select and design quality engineering platforms, frameworks, and patterns
• Automate, track, and improve software quality metrics such as Test Coverage and Software Complexity
• Work with Engineering Effectiveness engineers to integrate testing into the Software Delivery pipeline
What you have done:
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of professional experience with progressive complexity and scope in an Agile environment
• 2+ years of professional experience with automated testing frameworks (SOAPUI, Selenium, JUnit, or BDD framework, etc.)
• 1+ experience coding in an OO or Scripting language, writing tests or features or both
What You Know
• Deep understanding of test practices: black box, white box, grey box, etc.
• Strong experience with Agile Testing: contributing to stories, reading and writing Acceptance Criteria, etc.
Who you are:
• Passionate about different types of platforms including Smart TV, Streaming boxes, Game Consoles, Mobile, and Web
• Passionate about technology
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries
• Works well in a team
• Obsessive attention to detail
• Open to new approaches and new ideas
• Excited to hone your craft
• Can take initiative to solve issues
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.