NBC Universal Sr Engineer, Big Data & Analytics in Beverly Hills, California
Job Number 36783BR
Job Title Sr Engineer, Big Data & Analytics
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Beverly Hills
• Architect and develop data-driven applications and product prototypes.
• End-to-end development of machine learning (deep learning) pipelines. Build production quality codes, manage and maintain the code base.
• Design new frameworks, tools or systems. Lead in conducting technology proof of concept projects.
• Solve complex technical issues through debugging, research and investigation.
• Lead in developing BI applications including: transactional systems, mobile application development of BI products/services including Android, iOS, and/or cross platform.
• Gather data insights related to user behavior, product usage, audience segmentation, social media, quality of services, and media consumption to drive business decisions.
• Work with product management and internal stakeholders to define the requirements and technical design of Fandango data services and related intelligence tools.
• Contribute to every phase of the BI product development life cycle (design, development, testing, iteration, deployment).
• Mentor more junior engineers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in CS, MIS, Statistics, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Data Mining or a related field.
• 6+ years of overall professional experience. Proven track record working on distributed, scalable, service-oriented platforms. Proven ability to deliver high quality, production ready code.
• 5+ years hands-on experience with Hadoop eco-systems (Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.).
• 5+ years of experience in programming languages Python, Java, Scala, etc.
• 5+ years of experience in data extraction, data-driven statistical modeling, analysis and supervised learning using modeling languages such as R, Stata, MATLAB, etc.
• Experience in using Cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, IBM and Google Cloud.
• Experience with Machine Learning/Deep Learning APIs, frameworks, and AI tools.
• Experience with BI reporting tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAP BusinessObjects, SSRS, etc.).
• Expert understanding of the agile software development life cycle.
• Excellent knowledge and expertise with SQL and Relational/Multi-dimensional Databases.
• Understanding of data warehousing concepts.
• Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (during crunch times!) per day including occasional weekends and holidays.
• Willingness to dig into technical concepts/details.
• Proactive to improve products and business processes.
• AWS certifications.
• Naturally inquisitive and self-learner.
• A team player.
• Stay on top of the latest innovations in data and technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.