NBC Universal Sr. Network Engineer in Beverly Hills, California
Job Number 35183BR
Job Title Sr. Network Engineer
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Beverly Hills
Fandango seeks an experienced, talented, and passionate Sr. Network Engineer to focus on critical systems as a high level individual contributor to a growing IT Operations team.
• Manage all aspects of network security with documentation of any suspected security breaches for future reference.
• Planning and implementation of network design for Fandango web operations spanning multiple data centers including working with third party hosting providers.
• Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices
• Daily network maintenance and problem resolution with documentation for future reference
• Implement policy and procedures for system patches, fixes and upgrades
• Design solutions for improving the functionality, efficiency, utilization, or effectiveness of the Enterprise LAN/WAN Infrastructure
• Participate in the creation, revision and enforcement of technical standards, departmental policies and procedures
• Propose recommended solutions to enhance or modify network security
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors in Computer Science or comparable work experience
• 7+ years of experience administering enterprise or service-provider networks including core and edge devices
• Knowledge of protocols such as BGP, MPLS, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, IPSEC
• Experience working with SNMP, 802.1x, Radius, TACACS+ , Wireless (802.11b/g/n)
• Experience implementing and troubleshooting IPSEC VPNs
• In depth knowledge of enterprise routing and switching
• Experience with Juniper JUNOS and ScreenOS operating systems
• Experience with load balancer design and management, Citrix Netscaler preferred
• IDS/IPS experience
• Experience configuring and administering AWS VPN connections
• Able to exercise discretion and keep strictest levels of confidentiality.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (during crunch times!) per day including occasional weekends and holidays.
• Certifications in applicable technologies: CCNA, JNCIA, CCNP
• Hands on Juniper SRX platform experience
• Experience with FireEye intrusion/detection technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.