NBC Universal Global Media Technician - QC in Centennial, Colorado
Job Number 35191BR
Job Title Global Media Technician - QC
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business Global Media Operations
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
Work with a highly motivated team of individuals who are responsible for the fulfillment of media content to NBCUniversal’s distribution outlets, including its cable networks, owned television stations and online destinations. A QC Technician must perform quality control of content for International and Domestic distribution using several technical processes & technologies including, but not limited to, encoding, exporting, transcoding, restoring, editing and transferring.
• Perform quality control of all digital media for International and Domestic distribution.
• QC all content for distribution - Ensure technical specifications for all encoded and transcoded files including foreign languages with the expectation of making zero errors or defects.
• Perform ingest and segmentation of syndicated file deliveries and live video feeds for quick turn broadcast.
• Learn and perform all media prep processes in the Media Operations Center & any additional processes that are created in the future.
• Provide delivery support of digital media to internal departments, international needs and external partnerships
• Troubleshoot basic problems and issues in the media prep workflow following escalation procedure and maintaining client communication.
• Occasionally provide documentation regarding workflow Standard Operating Procedures.
• Additional duties as needed and assigned by Supervisor(s).
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a production, post production, broadcast, or communications environment
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a job or school related activity using computers and software applications including MS outlook, MS Word, & MS Excel.
• Knowledge of various media formats/VTRs (Digibeta, HDcam, XDcam), file types (QT, WMV, MXF, DNX, DV, etc) and video standards (NTSC, PAL)
• Basic understanding of digital video/audio including compression codecs, file systems, file transfer applications and Content Distribution Management (FTP, Pitch Blue, Pathfire, etc.)
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #35191BR).
• Must be willing to work Centennial, CO.
• Must have unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have flexibility with work schedule; must be able to work late hours, weekends, holidays and occasional special events when needed for this 24/7 operation.
• Bachelors or 2 year degree in Communications or Media
• Experience in international broadcast operations or media especially in a quality control capacity.
• A team player, who is always respectful, follows rules and policy, has good communication skills, and maintains a positive attitude.
• A punctual, hardworking, disciplined, and dependable individual
• Experience in a fast paced, quick turn and/or live broadcast environment.
• Fluency or intermediate understanding of other languages
• Understanding of international files standards & frame rates
• 2-5 years of experience in the multi-channel broadcast facility doing content-prep and quality-control work
• Professional experience with SD & HD tape decks and/or file formats and specifications.
• Intermediate understanding of audio and video signal flow (waveform monitors, vector scopes, patch bay and routing systems)
• Prior experience using Media Asset Management (MAM) and centralized workflow software.
• Operational familiarity with content distribution technologies such as Aspera, Signiant, Pathfire and Pitch Blue.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.