NBC Universal Global Media Technician in Centennial, Colorado
Job Number 34108BR
Job Title Global Media Technician
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business Global Media Operations
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
NBCUniversal’s Dry Creek Hub is the primary master control and ingest operation for 11 NBC and 18 Telemundo Owned and Operated Television Stations. Within the Dry Creek Hub Operation, the Global Media Technician will be responsible for ingesting long-form syndicated programming and serving as a point of contact with both the Stations and the Syndicators to ensure accurate and timely media deliveries to the play out environment.
The Global Media Technician will also be responsible for tape ingest on the Hub and International side. They will also assist the QC team with Hub short-form assets as well as GMO files.
• Perform ingest and quality control of all digital media for the Hub, specifically long-form programing
• Perform segmentation of syndicated file deliveries
• Record all quick-turn shows and segment when needed
• Learn all Hub media prep processes in the Media Operations Center
• Troubleshoot basic problems and issues in the media prep workflow, following the escalation procedures
• Provide Standard Operating Procedures, when needed
• Learn all GMO media prep processes in the Media Operations Center
• Learn and perform library functions as needed including but not limited to Bar-coding, Labeling, Filing, & Retrieving tapes and other content in an efficient & timely manner.
• Troubleshoot basic problems and issues that arise with transcoding, exporting and delivery of video files.
• Additional duties as needed and assigned by Supervisor(s).
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a production, post production, broadcast, or communications environment
• A punctual & hardworking individual with attention to detail
• Experience in a live broadcast environment
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work well in small groups or teams
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a job or school related activity using computers and software applications including MS outlook, MS Word, & MS Excel.
• Knowledge of various media formats/VTRs (Digibeta, HDcam, XDcam), file types (QT, WMV, MXF, DNX, DV, etc) and video standards (NTSC, PAL)
• A team player, who is always respectful, follows rules and policy, has good communication skills, and maintains a positive attitude
• A punctual, hardworking, disciplined, and dependable individual
• Flexibility with work schedule; must be able to work late hours, weekends and/or holidays when needed for this 24/7 operation
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:34108BR)
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Bachelors or 2 year degree in Communications or Media
• An Understanding of SD & HD tape and/or file formats and specifications
• Intermediate understanding of audio and video signal flow (waveform monitors, vector scopes, patch bay and routing systems)
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.