NBC Universal Account Manager in Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas
Job Number 34553BR
Job Title Account Manager
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - KXAS
Posting Category Sales
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Dallas - Fort Worth
KXAS-TV, the NBCUniversal television station in DFW, is looking for a dynamic Account Manager to join the Local Sales team. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining and growing sales revenue, as well as cultivating and developing new advertisers for the station’s multi-platform properties. The ability to work at the local level with clients of all levels of business is paramount, from large cap, medium and small businesses, in addition to exploring unique paths to procure business. The Account Manager will be expected to meet quarterly and annual targets by servicing existing clients as well as identifying and prospecting new business. This position requires an individual with a keen ability to develop concepts to create, incrementally grow and maintain sales revenue by connecting a corporation’s marketing goals seamlessly with the entire portfolio of NBC Local Media content distribution platforms.
• Own, manage, and develop relationships with clients, agencies and
advertisers through day-day interaction
• Generate and increase revenue from an established account list to meet and exceed annual revenue goals
• Embrace, understand, target, pitch and secure new sources of marketing, advertising, promotional and event revenue for KXAS-TV/NBC 5 DFW.
• Create customized solutions for local clients that will demonstrate the power of NBC Local Media with the ultimate goal of monetizing NBC DFW properties..
• Ascertain and market to previously untapped, emerging and traditional brands and businesses to drive revenue through negotiating and selling the value and benefit of TV, mobile, digital, out-of-home and all other multi-marketing platforms
• Develop growth revenue by focusing on “conversion” targets from competitive media including radio, print, digital, out of home, cable, events, etc.
• Organize management of a business opportunity pipeline and sharp revenue forecasting.
• Learn NBC Salesforce systems and Traffic/Order flow processes and create presentations using MS EXCEL.
• Effectively present sales proposal and sales pitches to internal and external clients.
• BS/BA degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience in media sales and/or marketing roles with a
successful track record of generating increased sales
• Knowledge of media research and measurement products
• Must have a valid driver’s license, the ability to drive and own a vehicle for transportation to and from client meetings
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to this job through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States
• Must be willing to work in DFW
• Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution Program
• Agency, television, production, creative marketing and/or other brand entertainment experience is preferred
• Solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to quickly understand and assess opportunities and/or problems and be able to respond with creative ideas and solutions
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Excellent computer skills with MS programs: Excel, PPT, Word and ability to create innovative presentation decks with expertise
• Adept at prospecting, generating proposals and closing the sale
• Perceptive, insightful and intuitive abilities
• Ability to creatively analyze and react to a variety of sales challenges
• Ability to multi-task while staying organized and focused
• Broad based knowledge of traditional and emerging media platforms
• Innovative approach to a changing market place
• Enthusiastic and positive team player within the organization
• Competitive with a desire to win
• Creative problem solver with strong analytical aptitude
• Self-starter and motivator who can thrive in both corporate and start-up environments
• Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule and be available some evening hours as needed for client events
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.