NBC Universal Executive Producer/ Special Projects - KXAS in Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas
Job Number 34655BR
Job Title Executive Producer/ Special Projects - KXAS
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - KXAS
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Dallas - Fort Worth
The Executive Producer-Special Projects is a leadership position overseeing the editorial, production and promotion components of special projects, consumer reporting team and award entries. The Executive Producer's role is to oversee production of news content on multi-platforms, provide guidance and direction to news employees and perform as a member of the news management team.
• Conceive and execute special projects on all platforms.
• Conceive, execute, and lead consumer unit reporting on multiple platforms.
• Direct and deliver production elements on a deadline. Manage and supervise on-air talent, content producers and production team.
• Review line-up of stories and segments; develop future segments, stories and interviews for all platforms.
• Collaborate with creative services department on promotions
• Cooperate and interact with NBC News and assure compliance with all relevant laws and company policy on broadcasts and news operations.
• Cooperate and interact with the Dallas Morning News with on-going projects.
• Oversee weekly special projects meetings.
• Oversee and execute annual awards calendar.
• Minimum of five years experience as a television News Producer, special projects producer, Executive Producer, or reporter.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• Must possess strong journalistic skills, have ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions
• Understanding multi-platform newsroom operations.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be at least 18 years old or greater
• Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution Program
• Creative approach to storytelling and problem solving
• Understanding of a multi-platform news operations.
• Experience in major award competitions (RTDNA, Emmys, DuPonts, Peabody, NPPA)
• Familiarity with NPPA.
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadlines
• Proven strong leadership and management skills required
• Must be self-directed, highly organized and detail oriented
• Must function well in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• Familiarity with DFW news market a plus.
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Team player who is flexible
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.