NBC Universal Art Director in Denver, Colorado
Job Number 35335BR
Job Title Art Director
Business Segment Cable Entertainment
Sub-Business Cable Ent HQ
Posting Category Artistic Animation Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
The newest member of this rich portfolio, Craftsy is on a mission to empower people who can't help but create! Combining cutting-edge expertise in digital marketing, technology, content and ecommerce, Craftsy is building a vibrant, customer-first lifestyle learning brand for passionate makers. As a team, we are a bright, creative and driven group tackling some of the most exciting business challenges of today!
NBCUniversal and Craftsy's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
Craftsy is looking for a seasoned Art Director to join our Production team and ensure strong visual identity across our deep and growing catalogue of titles, including a range of video formats and categories. We are seeking a digital visionary with strong management skills, versatile design and video expertise, and a passion for ideating. The Art Director should have experience working with and leading creative teams. We are excited to welcome candidates who bring a strong work ethic, outstanding communication skills, and compassionate, clear management.
• Be responsible for the visual style and imagery across Craftsy’s digital video products
• Develop creative standards, manage and coordinate the work of artistic designers
• Ensure deliverables are informed by and aligned to brand strategy. Be a contributor, refiner and advocate for brand strategy in video
• Create vision, provide direction and feedback, and ensure successful execution of design & animation
• Read scripts and conceptualize creative solutions that communicate the intended content or video objective
• Consistently strive to elevate tools, workflow and practice of motion graphics, set design, and video
• Assist in the education and development of artistic designers
• Oversee and approve the creation of storyboards, show branding, design and animation
• Collaborate with Creative Director, Producers & Studios on vision for all sets and locations
• Concept, sketch and help to resource against set design and propping
• Manage multiple projects at all times and delegate as necessary
• Provide accurate cost and time estimates for each tactic
• 5+ years experience in agencies, digital production or commercial houses
• Bachelor's degree in Art, Graphic Design, or related field
• Proficient in required computer programs and design tools including
o After Effects
• Demonstrated understanding and proficiency in typography, perspective, lighting, set design, composition, and color
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
• Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Highly organized, direct, and articulate
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, develop and elevate a team
• Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to communicate with creatives and non-creatives alike
• Ability to balance competing priorities and multiple projects while adhering to deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.