NBC Universal UX Designer in Denver, Colorado
Job Number 35341BR
Job Title UX Designer
Business Segment Cable Entertainment
Sub-Business Cable Ent HQ
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
The newest member of this rich portfolio, Craftsy is on a mission to empower people who can't help but create! Combining cutting-edge expertise in digital marketing, technology, content and ecommerce, Craftsy is building a vibrant, customer-first lifestyle learning brand for passionate makers. As a team, we are a bright, creative and driven group tackling some of the most exciting business challenges of today!
NBCUniversal and Craftsy's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
As a UX Designer, you’ll join a team of designers, PMs, and engineers who are passionate about creating engaging learning experiences for the Craftsy community. You’ll use your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and research skills in every phase of product development as we launch new initiatives through 2018 and beyond.
• Oversee implementation of user experience from product conception to launch and post-launch design support
• Design flows and visuals and individually contribute to the product and feature set
• Think and design in terms of systems
• Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders
• Use data to inform design - partner with product managers and researchers to seek insights that ensure the design is truly solving the right problem
• Design and deploy across many platforms - from the web to mobile apps to OTT platforms
• Collaborate with Product and Engineering throughout implementation of new features
• Have demonstrated experience working through UX design phases (discovery, wireframes/storyboards, prototypes, mockups)
• Have expert knowledge of Sketch or Photoshop and love creating your own icons and illustrations
• Have a deep understanding of design fundamentals such as composition, balance, symmetry, and whitespace
• Obsess over details and can both work within and expand Craftsy’s visual style
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
• Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience designing for a smart mobile platform (iPhone/Android/TV) or a social product at a consumer technology company
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.