NBC Universal Airline Reporter, CNBC in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 35075BR
Job Title Airline Reporter, CNBC
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Digital
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
About CNBC: With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
CNBC is looking for an Airline Reporter to break news and stay on top of developing trends in the airline industry, including news on the companies themselves along with new DHS regulations.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about airlines and transportation, with a strong list of contacts, and a sophisticated appreciation for news and topics of interest to both high-end investors and average consumers. A self-starter, this reporter will relish the challenge of rethinking and expanding our current airlines coverage, extending beyond the daily news cycle to offer insightful analysis that will prove indispensable to our audience.
In this role, the reporter will work closely with a team covering consumer-facing industries such as retail, restaurants, autos, and packaged consumer goods, and collaborate from time to time with CNBC’s video producers, television shows and program departments to conceptualize and guide development of a full range of content.
Candidates should have at least five years’ experience covering business and financial news, with at least a portion of that in the airline sector. Knowledge of web publishing is a must, as is an ability to handle deadline pressure and a fast-paced environment. Experience working in multiple media formats is a major plus.
Daily tasks may include the following:
· Break news about the people and companies in the airline industry.
· Generate story ideas for same-day analysis and longer-term features that explore the people and important trends in the industry.
· Create clean, well-written copy, sometimes with the addition of graphical elements, videos and other multimedia elements to maximize engagement.
· Coordinate with digital team, TV news staff and freelancers and contributors on planning and publishing schedules.
· Coordinate with social media team to actively manage engagement and distribution over social media networks.
· Promote CNBC content within the network and broader digital audiences to maximize visibility on internal and external distribution platforms.
· Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
· Other duties and responsibilities as required.
· BA or college-level equivalent.
· 5+ years’ reporting experience, including the ability to perform in a high-volume, multi-task/deadline oriented environment.
· Ability to interpret and analyze industry trends and business and financial concepts. Must be familiar with balance sheets, SEC filings, etc.
· Familiarity with digital media, use of a CMS and a basic understanding of SEO.
· Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
· Proven ability to edit and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced news environment.
· Must be able to meet deadlines.
· Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
· Proven ability to break news.
· Experience using FOIAs, court documents, and other public sources.
· Team player, who is able to coordinate with other journalists, editors and producers from all parts of CNBC
· TV appearance experience is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.