NBC Universal Analyst, Digital Analytics in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 34055BR
Job Title Analyst, Digital Analytics
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Research
Posting Category Research
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
About CNBC: With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
CNBC Digital is looking for a passionate, motivated candidate to join the Digital Analytics team. The Analyst will be responsible for synthesizing user data to provide actionable insights to key stakeholders. The position will partner with teams across the organization, including Information Technology, Product, and Edit to understand stakeholder needs, devise measurement plans, and report on site and feature performance.
Additional responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Collect and analyze user data across platforms (website, app, syndication, social platforms) to grow digital audience, better understand user segments, and identify business opportunities
• Lead standardized reporting and ad hoc analyses that align with key digital goals and KPIs
• Maintain, update, and distribute actionable dashboards to ensure data governance and democratization
• Participate in, and provide tracking best practices, including data validation and tagging documentation creation
• Assist in data preparation for senior level executive presentations
• Leverage data visualization tools to curate reporting for cross-functional teams
• Manage traffic forecasting models for financial planning
• Support a data-driven culture, educating the digital organization on everyday use of data as a resource
• BA/BS or MS degree in a quantitative area of study (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Computer Science)
• At least one year of relevant experience (can include internships)
• Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills
• Intellectual curiosity and interest in media industry
• Experience with web, mobile, search and/or social analytics tools (Omniture, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, comScore, etc.)
• Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau or DOMO
• Familiarity with data programming languages such as SQL
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.