NBC Universal Audio Engineer in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 34392BR
Job Title Audio Engineer
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Technical Operations
Posting Category Studio Technical Operations
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Mix live and taped news format productions with heavy emphasis on remotes and server playback.
• Manage and update intercom panels and IFB designations.
• Manage shared resources for seamless control room switching.
• Prepare elements and control room for live and taped productions.
• Edit music and sound effects within a short turnaround time to air.
• Coordinate and prepare multiple discrete mix-minus feeds with the control room Tech Manager and studio Floor Manager.
• Interface with editorial and control room staff to determine elements and solutions for new and ongoing productions.
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable broadcast and company policies.
• Test and verify all equipment: Networked audio console, intercoms, RF and hard line microphones, RF and hard line IFB’s, routers, multiple audio and video servers,
• GPI interface with video switcher, Midi.
• Set up and operate small format audio cart for FOH presentation and simultaneous to-air situations with small frame console, IFB feeds, wireless mics, intercom and PA.
• Embellish, edit, and sweeten audio in post using Protools and sound effects library.
• Interface daily with audio team to research and design audio solutions pertaining to production needs.
• Research and recommend new equipment.
• Minimum of five years audio experience using broadcast audio consoles and television production intercom systems.
• Extensive knowledge of digital/analog signal flow within large format networked audio consoles.
• Extensive knowledge of digital routing systems, ADAM intercom systems, RF microphone and IFB Equipment, PC and Mac small format audio editing software.
• Knowledge of Protools in an audio edit format (not used for live to air).
• Extensive knowledge of the following equipment: Calrec, Yamaha, Enco, Grass Valley, Miranda, Telex, AZedit, Clearcom, Freespeak, Dante, Lawo, Midi Solutions, Lectro, Shure, Sennhieser, Wysicom.
• Must display a strong sense of team within the audio group and all levels of staff.
• Must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of signal flow.
• Must have extensive knowledge in live TV Production and workflow.
• Must have extensive experience in operating Calrec Audio Consoles and Enco playback systems.
• Must have extensive experience with RTS and Clearcom intercom systems.
Bachelor of Science/Arts degree in Communications or Sound Recording Technology preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.