NBC Universal DevOps Engineer in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 33602BR
Job Title DevOps Engineer
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business Global Media Operations
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
NBCUniversal has an opening for a DevOps Engineer within its Global Media Operations (GMO), Media Engineering department. The successful candidate will work with developers to manage and deploy code to QA and Production environments which support the Media Asset Management (MAM) systems that are in use within multiple operational groups within NBCUniversal. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role input in defining development/engineering practices that are used by the Workflow Engineering teams.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Core team member on the Media Workflow Engineering team, focusing on media asset management and file-based workflows.
• Create deployment packages and deploy to Test, QA and Production environment.
• Work with support team to schedule deployment to various environments.
• Configure Test, QA and Production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable development.
• Perform system administration activities.
• Manage and maintain the development/software repositories across all systems
• Perform upgrades/apply fixes on open source software and in-house developed software.
• Provide 24x7 L2 support on open source software and in house developed software.
• Perform application debugging, troubleshooting and escalate issues to appropriate team.
• Identify automation opportunities within development and support teams, and develop appropriate scripts.
• Implement application monitoring system.
• Perform systems & applications usage, metrics and trend analysis reports.
• Support unit, volume, security, network, redundancy and overall system testing.
• Train L1 support team on supporting in-house customized application.
• Work with support team to create support documentation and keeping Wiki up to date.
• Any assigned duties.
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Understanding of software architecture grounded in a minimum of 4 years of software development and/or configuration experience using scripting languages.
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in DevOps roles or similar responsibilities.
• Minimum 5 years working with IT systems, with a solid understanding of network protocols and standards (e.g. DNS, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH).
• Experience administering and managing a GNU/Linux environment for development, including package management and basic system administration.
• Experience developing software against third-party APIs and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Configuration Management tools (Chef, Puppet, Saltstack).
• Experience with monitoring systems like Splunk and others
• Experience with code repository management such as GitHub
• Experience with deployment automation tools such as Jenkins
• Familiarity with broadcast production or video production systems, ideally working knowledge of the Evertz Mediator Asset Management System.
• Experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies for software development and project execution.
• Experience with high-volume data migration projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.