NBC Universal Digital Producer, CNBC Events in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 34348BR
Job Title Digital Producer, CNBC Events
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Digital
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
About CNBC: With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
The Digital Producer, CNBC Events will be responsible for creating content that promotes and amplifies CNBC’s slate of event franchises on CNBC’s digital platforms and partner social platforms. S/he will work to grow awareness, user engagement, and loyal communities around CNBC’s event brands.
The Digital Producer will:
• Identify, extract, edit, create and curate content (video, text and visual) for distribution on digital and social platforms before, during and after events
• Work with event speakers, CNBC talent and thought leaders to create original content for digital and social
• Act as a bridge between CNBC Digital, CNBC Social and CNBC Events staff, planning and coordinating coverage of CNBC Events
• Develop a ‘voice’ for CNBC Events on social platforms; build and maintain presence on social platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Twitter, with a focus on value-added editorial content, driving engagement and building audience
• Develop and maintain CNBC Event franchise newsletters, working with key editorial stakeholders, helping develop distinctive voices for each editorial franchise;
• Create and moderate digital communities for prior attendees of CNBC Events and other like-minded individuals
• Work with event editorial and production leaders to develop and execute interactive digital and social ‘experiences’ at CNBC Events
• 4+ years experience working in digital editorial at a media company; experience in digital video or at a TV network preferred. Prior news or finance experience a plus
• Proficiency with content management systems; expert in the use of social media platforms
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• Strong news judgment and interest in business and financial news
• Excellent writing and organizational skills
• Ability to deliver compelling copy and headlines
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• Strong analytical skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.