NBC Universal Director, Strategic Content & News Partnerships, CNBC in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 35174BR
Job Title Director, Strategic Content & News Partnerships, CNBC
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Business News
Posting Category Strategy & Business Development
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
About CNBC: With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
CNBC, the world leader in business news, is looking for a Director, Strategic Content & News Partnerships. This exciting role will join a team known for pioneering new editorial and sponsorship models across CNBC platforms. The Director will be responsible for developing and driving organic growth initiatives and partnerships in support of CNBC Business Day, CNBC Events and CNBC Digital. Success will depend on the Director having strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate with internal constituencies ranging from the Newsroom to Business Development to Integrated Marketing to Legal and Finance.
The Director role includes the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with our fast-growing Events business to develop editorially viable extensions of on-the-ground events, that we can program and monetize on linear, digital and social.
• Develop new production models for presenting content and sponsorship that preserve editorial integrity, support show producers, and still drive commercial value.
• Explore new programming platforms and/or daypart extensions of existing franchise properties
• Develop model for efficiently vetting inbound requests from Technology companies offering value-add services in exchange for attribution
• Monitor and report competitive industry trends and keep the team apprised of relevant developments that impact our work
• Responsible for managing, tracking and communicating the status of ongoing team projects in weekly formats as well as monthly all-hands meetings
• Responsible for managing/optimizing team budget, including annual budget pitch. Will work with Finance to evolve financial models supporting production costs that underwrite high dollar sponsorship programs.
• Collect and analyze data tied to team projects, overall business models, ensuring long-term viability
• Oversee existing news partner relationships
• Scale and weave existing partnerships into all parts of the organization to maximize ROI
• Work with CNBC Legal to advance discussions and deliver inputs for drafting paperwork ranging from MOU’s through Contracts
Internal Marketing/Sales Development
• Work with Sales facing members of the team to merchandise key programs to the sales force in sync with primary cycles (BCUF, Calendar, Scatter).
• Present opportunities/updates at bi-weekly TV/Digital sales meetings.
• Collaborate with producers and editors to preemptively package editorial concepts and content with an eye toward driving incremental revenue.
• Develop and manage a joint sales-editorial program where anchors, reporters and producers can showcase/explain big ideas and business day show strategies or general business themes to the salesforce.
• Socializing tent pole editorial franchise initiatives to critical support groups (Marketing, PR, Sales, Biz Dev) that can amplify the impact of our proprietary content (ex. Top 100 Wealth Managers, Disruptor50, etc)
• 5+ years of experience at a news organization or other major media enterprise
• Extensive knowledge of current editorial trends in markets, technology, investing, and media.
• Working knowledge of TV, Digital, Social and Mobile advertising landscape; including terminology and relevant business models.
• Experience managing a P&L; or at minimum managing the cost side of a budget.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proven ability to execute competitive analysis, due diligence and investment research.
• Familiarity with CNBC’s content, brand, 25 year legacy and ongoing publicly available initiatives
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• Adept at working in a team setting under tight deadlines.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Comfortable and confident employing heavy influencing skills across teams/departments in order to foster compromise solutions.
• Capable of handling projects with minimal oversight.
• Interested in exploring and contributing to the creation of new content models.
• Graduate degree strongly preferred
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Always interested in learning new skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.