NBC Universal Executive Assistant to the Chairman, CNBC in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 35349BR
Job Title Executive Assistant to the Chairman, CNBC
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Executive
Posting Category Administrative Support
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
NBCUniversal is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to report directly to the Chairman of CNBC. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience supporting C-suite executives, the intuition to navigate a matrixed business, and will be familiar with, and accustomed to, the pace of a breaking news organization.
Job responsibilities of the Executive Assistant could include, but are not limited to:
• Managing all administrative duties for the Chairman:
o Calendar & appointment maintenance/scheduling
o Comprehensive phone coverage
o Extensive travel planning
o Expense report submission
o Upkeep of relevant office supplies
o Other business matters as necessary
• Using intuitive judgement to prioritize both internal and external requests and inquiries to the office
• Greeting guests of the Chairman
• Resolving time-sensitive and highly confidential matters with discretion and diplomacy
• Serving as point of contact for all NBCU and Comcast executive leadership teams
• Managing personal and other miscellaneous duties as assigned
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience, 5+ years supporting C-suite executives with demonstrated experience handling heavy volume of scheduling, planning, & logistics
• Strong organizational and communication skills—written & verbal
• Ability to multitask, be flexible, and work seamlessly under pressure
• Expertly tuned sense of decision-making, judgement, and discretion
• Solutions-driven and ‘get it done’ mentality
• Ease with establishing relationships and operating autonomously and diplomatically
• Proactive, resourceful, detail-oriented, and anticipatory work style
• Ability to execute tasks & make recommendations with minimal direction
• Ability to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Bachelor or Associate’s degree completed
• Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.