NBC Universal Investing Editor in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 34155BR
Job Title Investing Editor
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Digital
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
CNBC is looking for an experienced Investing Editor to expand and develop our digital coverage of the markets, individual stocks, Wall Street analysts, and investors. The Editor will work closely with a team of reporters focusing on both quick-hitting, breaking news short stories, as well as in-depth features.
Responsibilities of the Investing Editor could include, but are not limited to:
• Develop a vision for extending the CNBC investing brand beyond the daily news cycle and generate a broad content plan to deliver on that vision.
• Generate story ideas, collaborate with, and guide a team of writers and contributors, including on-air talent and guests.
• Edit and format copy, including the addition of graphical elements, videos, polls, and other multi-media elements to maximize engagement.
• Coordinate with digital team and television news staff on planning and publishing schedules.
• Coordinate with social media team to actively manage engagement and distribution over social media networks.
• Promote CNBC investing content with the network and broader digital audiences to maximize visibility on internal and external distribution platforms.
• Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• 5+ years of experience as a writer and/or editor including the ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline- oriented environment.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills
• Proven ability to edit and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced news environment
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about internet story-telling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Web production experience a strong plus.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
• Knowledge of television production process helpful.
• Solid understanding of web standards, design, and usability.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.