NBC Universal Line Producer, CNBC's The Closing Bell in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 35185BR
Job Title Line Producer, CNBC's The Closing Bell
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Business News
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
About CNBC: With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
The Line Producer for The Closing Bell is responsible for managing line production for 1 hour of a live show that airs from 3pm-5pm ET - 5 times a week – Monday to Friday.
Responsibilities of the Line Producer could include, but are not limited to:
• Ownership of rundown creation and management--oversee rundown changes throughout the day and relay changes and atypical segments/teases to show technical staff.
• In the control room - keep show on time and calmly communicate changes and breaking news during the show to anchors and technical operations team.
• Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and lower thirds. Call relevant elements for segments during the show.
• Write and produce creative and compelling copy and teases.
• Pitch original guest and segment ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
• Ability to recognize business stories that would make compelling television
• Use leadership skills to motivate and mentor segment producers and news associates on the team
• Partner with internal departments such as graphics and technical operations to execute needed effects for the show.
• Create stock charts, lower-thirds, video and graphics. • Liaise with other departments as needed (such as Assignment Desk, Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
• Develop and produce live and taped guest segments as needed.
• Implement and work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive Producer.
• Last line of defense before content goes to air.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience segment producing and/or booking in a live television environment with demonstrated written communication and research skills.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a live television line production capacity with a demonstrated ability to communicate, manage and lead in the control room
• Prior experience as a Line Producer in a top 20 news market, national platform, business or hard-news environment is strongly preferred.
• Passion for business news and the markets and prior experience at a financial news network or publication is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of current events, tech trends and pop culture
• Strong editorial judgment is essential - must be able to make quick editorial decisions while remaining calm under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important.
• Willingness to accommodate a demanding production schedule and flexibility to work weekends/evenings when and as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.