NBC Universal Media Support Manager in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 34607BR
Job Title Media Support Manager
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business Global Media Operations
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
The Global Media Operations group in Englewood Cliffs, NJ is responsible for prepping content needed for domestic and international distribution. This includes transcode, edit and delivery services to meet client fulfilment around the globe 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This Media Support Manager position is responsible for providing operational and technical support for the Global Media Operations team. The main objective is to assist all operations members with technical support related issues in a 24/7 environment. Media Operations ingests, preps, QC's and delivers content internationally and relies on Media Support Specialist’s to solve issues electronically, on the phone and in person. Other responsibilities include providing operations and customer support for the portfolio of applications and products used for file-based digital workflows including video editing, transcoding, digital file delivery, and live streaming.
This is a role that combines broadcast engineering, information technology, and digital media. An ideal candidate will have a background in Computer Science, Information Systems, or New Media. This person will like to operate in a fast paced environment, enjoy interacting with customers, and willing to tackle unique challenges head-on.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in either a broadcast operations or post-production environment
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in a support oriented position
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer facing role
• A minimum of 1 year of experience of all Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel)
Additional Job Requirements
• Must apply via nbcunicareers.com (note job #)
• Must be willing and able to work on any shift including, overnights, swing, or weekend
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the US
• Must be 18 years or older
• An individual with a very strong desire to learn, take on new technologies and challenges
• Know your way around desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity
• Resolve problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
• Familiarity with digital media file types - Quicktime, MXF, MPEG, Mp4 etc.
• Familiarity with digital media workflows and digital file delivery
• Experience working with live video and media files including streaming and transcoding technologies
• Knowledge of digital delivery methods, ftp, UDCP, Signiant and Aspera
• Experience supporting customer workflows through operations team and/or help desk
• Able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a high-pressure deadline driven environment
• Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple departments, clients, and vendors
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.