NBC Universal Personal Finance Writer in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 35073BR
Job Title Personal Finance Writer
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Digital
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
About CNBC: With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
CNBC Digital is looking for an experienced and creative personal finance writer to join a team of professionals delivering deep-dive, high quality news and insight on personal finance. In this role, the successful candidate will report and write stories that inspire and guide readers through the major financial concerns of their lives—from saving and planning for retirement, paying for college, maximizing Social Security and Medicare, understanding credit and debt, managing their portfolios, advancing in their careers and more.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about storytelling. A self-starter, this writer will relish the challenge of rethinking and expanding personal finance coverage—both on CNBC.com and for distribution to our many partner sites.
This writer will have at least 7 years’ experience covering business and financial news. Knowledge of web publishing and the ability to handle deadline pressure is preferred. Experience working in multiple media formats is a plus.
Specific responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Generate story ideas, and collaborate with team members, including on-air talent.
• Write and format copy, including the addition of graphical elements, videos and polls and other multi-media elements to maximize engagement.
• Promote CNBC content within the network and the broader digital audience to maximize visibility on internal and external distribution platforms.
• Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
• 7+ years’ experience as a writer and/or editor including the ability to perform in a high-volume, multi-task/deadline oriented environment.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• Proven ability to write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced news environment.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and possess good presentation skills.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper/magazine.
• Passionate about storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.