NBC Universal Product Manager, OTT in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 36152BR
Job Title Product Manager, OTT
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Digital Technology and Product
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
As one of our Product Managers, you will play a critical role in evolving our digital video capabilities, offerings, and reach. You’ll work hand-in-hand with internal stakeholders and partners, engineers, operations, business development, research, advertising partners and others to continually evaluate and evolve our OTT platform and product offerings.
You’ll be focused on growing CNBC’s' digital OTT business by increasing video views, engagement, and revenue while improving customer experience and developing workflow efficiencies. You will be exposed to many different facets of the digital and broadcast media industry that includes OTT, VOD, live streaming, and more.
You will be involved in the definition and delivery of direct-to-consumer products. The Product Manager will be working with the Director, Video Product Management in defining and managing product roadmaps to deliver on key phases of deliverables for the products. The Product Manager will also have experience in assessing technology assets and determining ways they can be leveraged.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
● Develop OTT product requirements and specs based on internal needs and external market opportunities; explore ideas with engineers and designers.
● To communicate requirements and negotiate priorities with technical teams using in-depth knowledge and experience of technical delivery processes (i.e. Agile, Scrum, etc.).
● Work with cross-functional teams through definition, development, release and maintenance.
● Define, collect, and analyze metrics that inform the success of our products.
● Research market and customer needs.
● Run prototyping sessions and usability tests with customers.
● Clear, concise and thorough articulation of the product requirements that enable an engaging and monetizable customer experience.
● Communicate and drive transparency of project status and commitments for stakeholders.
● Research and report on competitive products in the direct video distribution space, including other LIVE and VOD services.
● Assist the Director with the preparation of presentations, reports and other product meetings that require assets, materials, data or research.
● Stay current with Film, Television, Internet, Mobile, Connected TV, and Virtual Reality trends to help inform areas of product development.
● 3+ years of product management and development experience of designing, developing, and deploying digital products using Agile / Scrum methodologies.
● Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent experience.
● Product management experience within the OTT or OTT related industry.
● Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
● Experience working in the digital video products or video distribution space.
● Excellent relationship management along with budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills.
● Competent soft skills necessary to work across cross functional teams.
● Accustomed to driving results in collaborative, cross-functional environments with little instruction or oversight.
● Eloquent communicator (both written and oral) comfortable speaking in front of diverse audiences.
● Strong business understanding of the ever-evolving media industry
● A self-starter with ability to work independently and take initiative.
● Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
Our ideal candidate is one who can communicate seamlessly with both the engineering, product and business teams. It is for that reason that we would love it if you had knowledge in one, or several, of the following areas:
● Experience with a range of 3rd party video platforms components.
● Experience with video ad products and the ad space (Freewheel, DFP, IAB, etc.).
● Video products on mobile and connected TV space (OTT).
● One or more of these technologies: HLS, MPEG-DASH, DRM.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.