NBC Universal Sr. Financial Analyst, Enterprise Applications in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 35086BR
Job Title Sr. Financial Analyst, Enterprise Applications
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Posting Category Finance
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
The Technology organization is part of NBCUniversal Operations and Technical Services division. The Technology Finance team at NBCUniversal directs and oversees all financial matters pertaining to the Technology arm of NBCUniversal. Technology finance strategically supports the Chief Information Officer and senior technology leadership of NBCUniversal ultimately responsible for all planning and estimate cycles, internal reporting, and all related analysis for NBCU Technology’s financial results. Technology Finance is instrumental in the development and achievement of operational metrics to ensure the realization of financial and operational objectives. The Technology Finance team has the unique opportunity to become immersed in the Company's technology strategy, with the ability to gain an understanding of how that strategy reveals itself across all aspects of NBCUniversal’s businesses. The team oversees or influences 84% of the company’s current technology spend and helps guide the Technology organization’s strategic pillars: digital transformation, business growth and innovation, global enablement, and core operations.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a newly added position to the Technology Finance team, reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, Enterprise Applications. Structured responsibilities will center on planning, reporting and analysis for NBCU enterprise applications across capital and operating budgets. Growth responsibilities will include a multitude of projects and analyses focused on evolving the Technology Finance team’s strategic capabilities. This is a great role for the candidate who is looking for an operational finance role geared toward strategic thinking and a focus on challenging the norm. This position is located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ with some travel to New York.
• Assist in the development of annual operating and capital budgets
• Assist in the quarterly close processes
• Explore opportunities to enhance variance analysis and reporting
• Work cross functionally to develop strategic operating metrics that strengthen links between Operations and Finance
• Help develop analytics that provide insight into ‘total cost of ownership’ for applications as NBCUniversal explores shifting to a cloud environment
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 2+ years accounting or finance experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
• Proficient in MS Office Suite with intermediate knowledge of Excel
• Englewood Cliffs, NJ based with occasional travel to New York and work overtime, when necessary.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Strong technical foundation in accounting and finance
• Self-motivated team player
• Able to perform in a dynamic, fast paced environment with minimal supervision
• Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Applications and Systems a plus: SAP, Essbase, BW, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.