NBC Universal Director, Creative Strategy in Hialeah, Florida
Job Number 35264BR
Job Title Director, Creative Strategy
Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
Sub-Business TLMD Marketing
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
The Director Creative Strategy is a strong creative leader, who continuously inspires and stimulates the promotions creative teams into bringing top multiplatform, innovative campaigns and strategic thinking to the Telemundo Network. The Creative Strategy Director is fundamental in creating an energetic, fast paced creative atmosphere where ideas flow constantly while work is delivered on time and within budget.
The Director Creative Strategy will guide his/her team that typically includes, creative producers, digital producers, editors, designers, and sound designers, to develop original concepts and pitches for on-air, off-air and multiplatform campaigns and will work with in-house and out-of-house talent to develop outstanding creative for the network that will drive tune-in and engagement.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Reporting to the VP Creative Strategy, the Director Creative Strategy will lead his/her team to develop original concepts, briefs and pitches for on-air, off-air, digital and social platforms, resulting in robust multiplatform effective campaigns.
• Responsible for creative ownership, oversight and tracking of all multiplatform components created for a campaign including graphics, promos, digital elements, off-air elements, radio promotions and any other related marketing materials.
• Ability to create scope of work and manage project plan with timelines and understanding of prioritizing resources, tasks and personnel.
• Clearly communicate project status, timelines, deliverables, goals, and expectations to internal team and other departments on a regular basis.
• Accountable for creating a positive, energetic, fast paced creative atmosphere where ideas flow constantly while work is delivered on time and within budget.
• Lead brainstorm sessions with his/her team to foster fresh and innovative ideas to the campaigns we produce.
• Provides strategic guidelines, and directs projects, such as campaigns for drama series, comedies, bio-musicals, news, and entertainment / variety shows as well as network initiatives that will increase ratings and brand awareness.
• Work closely with multiple departments such as Marketing, PR, Graphics, Digital, Programming, Studios, Operations and Creative leaders in order to align messaging and provide strategic guidelines.
• Directs work of in-house and out-of-house creative producers, editors, designers, animators, sound designers, etc.
• Constantly researches industry trends, case studies, social media / digital initiatives to stay up-to-date and bring new ideas to the campaigns and inspire the team.
• Ability to supervise the production of live action shoots. Assess casting, wardrobe, art direction, and director´s proposals.
• Works closely with Production team to ensure high-quality, cost effective and on-time outcome, regarding production of live action shoots.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Minimum 7 years of experience in on air promotion, design, digital, & new media
• Minimum 2 years of experience managing a team in a creative environment and managing external clients/vendors.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need.
• Demonstrated creative leadership and strategic thinking abilities
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure on a fast-paced demanding environment, while managing highly-profile, sensitive projects
• Excellent creative and copywriting skills in Spanish. Good writing and verbal skills in English.
• Strong understanding of the production process from conception, pre-production to post production for multiplatform campaigns.
• Demonstrated experience in leading the creative of original shoots for campaigns working closely with the Operations / Production team.
• Experience managing a team in a creative environment; possesses strong inter-personal skills, team management and team building skills
• Strong production and creative presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to represent the team at executive level meetings.
• Experience with creating content for digital and mobile
• Skilled in directing editorial and post bays; experienced with graphics
• Passion and awareness for creative, marketing and digital
• Demonstrated ability to adhere to deadlines
• Must be a team player
• Portfolio reel a must
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.