NBC Universal Financial Analyst in Hialeah, Florida
Job Number 34415BR
Job Title Financial Analyst
Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
Sub-Business TLMD Finance
Posting Category Finance
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
The Financial Analyst position is responsible for supporting and preparing financial reports for budgeting and monthly forecasting for Telemundo Networks Group’s overhead departments. This position works closely with Operations groups, Accounts Payable and Controllership to provide actionable analysis and technical financial support. The Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. This position is also responsible for carrying out the Company Operating Plan and will gain exposure to the group’s operating leaders and staff.
The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Developing budgets and conducting financial analysis of budgets for the corporate departments including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Business Affairs, HQ groups, Community Affairs, Government Relations.
• Performing monthly and quarterly close activities for the corporate departments including accruals, confirming invoice payments and any other journal entries required.
• Generating financial dashboards (Excel and Powerpoint) for corporate department leaders.
• Identifying risk & opportunities and providing solutions to potential issues with the pre-established budgets.
• Ensuring accuracy of quarterly financial reporting.
• Preparing account reconciliation in the Blackline system
• Assist with the testing and implementation of a consolidated financial FP&A system and executive dashboards
• Special projects & Ad Hoc Analysis as required by management
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent required.
• Minimum 6 months+ of experience within Finance/Accounting field or similar quantitative analysis field.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Fluent in English (read, written, verbal)
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered).
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work regular hours.
• Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need.
• Fluent in Spanish (speak, read and write)
• Ability to quickly reassess priorities and adapt as required
• Excellent time management skills, with a deadline orientation; ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Customer service oriented
• Work experience in Media, Entertainment or Advertising industry desirable
• Experienced with SAP BW
• Pioneering spirit - continuously seeking and implementing best practices
• Detail oriented and self-starter: can work independently
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.