NBC Universal Project Engineer in Hialeah, Florida
Job Number 35068BR
Job Title Project Engineer
Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
Sub-Business TLMD Operations
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is looking to fill a Project Engineering position, which will work within the Telemundo Engineering Team. The position will support our new IP based Production Facility in Miami, FL.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Reporting directly to the assigned Engineering Manager and working closely with operational counterparts and key business representatives, the Project Engineer will own and implement large technical projects and provide day-to-day operational support to all productions.
• Partner closely with NBCUniversal O&TS Production and Distribution Engineering Teams and the NBCU IT organization to ensure standardized practices, platforms and system are utilized whenever possible.
• Evaluate and provide recommendations of overall network requirements for performance availability, utilization and reliability as this relates to IP Media transport.
• Communicate with department leadership on project status, responsibilities and progress.
• Coordinate support for operational and business incidents, driving to problem resolution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering and five years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years broadcast systems design experience in Control Room, Studio, Edit and Graphic systems.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working on complex projects, with a proven track record of achievement and on-site completion.
• Proficient with MS Office, Project Visio applications
• Basic CAD functionality, including creating, redefining and plotting documentation.
• Demonstrated experience working on large and small technical projects, independently and in concert with larger groups of engineers and operational personnel
• Proven ability to execute and manage projects from design inception to delivery
Knowledge of broadcast design best practices:
• SMPTE IP Transport standards ST 2110, ST2022, ST2019 PTP Timing and all supporting industry standards.
• SMPTE 259M, 292M, 424M and 4kSHD and UHD signaling formats
• AES 67 Audio over IP Interoperability
• Experience supporting broadcast production equipment from Sony, Grass Valley, Lawo, EVS, Evertz, Avid, Chyron, VizRT and others
• 5+ years broadcast system design experience in Control Room, Studio, Edit and Graphics systems
Knowledge of networking best practices:
• Real time multicast stream delivery: IGMP, PIM/SM, PIM/SSM
• Cisco IP Fabric for Media and Data Center Network Manager (DCNM)
• Datacenter design and implementation utilizing full suite of Cisco Nexus 9000 products
• Cisco IOS based switching and routing products
• Experience in designing and implementation of data / video network infrastructure for complex projects (first time builds)
• Experience in core and internet DMZ interfaces, including acceptance testing and operational support of new hardware and software
• QoS understanding and configuration to support IP Media transport and select applications
• Traditional WAN connectivity transport T1/T3, OC48
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.