NBC Universal Real Time Graphics Specialist in Hialeah, Florida
Job Number 35444BR
Job Title Real Time Graphics Specialist
Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
Sub-Business TLMD Technical Production
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Implementation of On-Air Chyron and other real time graphic elements for various Telemundo clients.
• Work closely with Real-Time Graphics Art Designer to take animations from concept in After Effects, Photoshop (or similar) to working RTG elements.
• Work closely with Real-Time Graphics Art Designer to define graphics workflows for new on-air operations.
• Integrate data with real-time graphics (RTG) system.
• Create 3D scenes that will be transferred to a RTG system.
• Build Chyron Lyric/or similar system graphics from scratch using artist provided elements.
• Create effects with transition logic and key frame application for switcher generated GPI triggers.
• Enable graphics for producer generated Self-Serve templates.
• Operation of multiple list-driven Graphics devices for play-out to air, while maintaining high technical standards utilizing Camio and LUCI MOS iNews plug-in.
• Cover an on-air lower-third control room Chyron Operator position and/or a Graphics Play-out Operator position, handling various graphics integration including full screens, animations, and talent boxes.
• Format graphic templates, organize data and prepare effects for live telecasts.
• Coordinate graphics details with Directors, Technical Directors, Producers, Artists and Operations Managers.
• Ability to work independently with good discipline when needed.
• Assist technical engineers in solving software issues.
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Communications, Television Production or related and 3 years of experience with Chyron or electronic graphics systems.
• Demonstrated experience of News, Sports, and Entertainment live graphics workflow.
• SQL and databases understanding.
• 1+ years of experience in 3D animation.
• Demonstrated proficiency with RTG create and logic systems.
• Highly Proficient in RTG Inews integration and plug-in development.
• Experience working with a fast paced 24/7 network television environment.
• Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and hurricane emergencies.
• Show initiative in implementing a plan of action for new projects.
• Embrace, learn and implement new technology.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, strong customer service orientation, and the ability to work effectively with many different individuals and personalities.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
Desired Characteristics • Bilingual: English and Spanish
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.