NBC Universal Sports Anchor - Soccer Analyst in Hialeah, Florida
Job Number 35588BR
Job Title Sports Anchor - Soccer Analyst
Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
Sub-Business TLMD Sports
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
We are looking for a versatile, energetic, dedicated and knowledgeable Sports Anchor, especially in the field of international soccer, with excellent writing and reporting skills to present sports content on-air for the network’s sports news broadcasts, segments and special programs. In addition, the candidate must have the ability and will be expected to perform the function of analyst for live soccer events as needed. As an analyst the candidate will be expected to provide editorial opinion and criticism in a professional and insightful manner. The Sports Anchor/analyst will be responsible for staying knowledgeable and current regarding sports news, events and athletes in all sports and sports-related content, but with emphasis on international soccer.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Primary responsibility is to provide analysis for live events, and news information on network sports shows in an engaging, creative and dynamic manner
• Responsible for sports information and preparing on-air sports news presentations for the network’s Spanish language shows
• Provides input to the show’s Producer regarding show content
• Communicate with Producers, assignment editors and managers regarding story development
• Responsible for writing sports stories, teases and sports news briefs
• Incorporate social media into the reporting routine
• Provide content/segments and promotional content via social media platforms
• Stay informed regarding current soccer events on a national, international and regional level
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in television as a Sports Anchor or Soccer Analyst
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal
• Excellent communication skills
• Must have knowledge of Soccer as well as strong understanding of other sports and demonstrate good sports news judgement
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments
• Solid knowledge of social media and proven engagement in a variety of digital content platforms.
• Must have good computer skills and digital research knowledge
• Ability to work well and effectively with others in a team environment in the newsroom and/or out in the field
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, under the pressure of intense deadlines and schedules when necessary working weekends and special network events
• Must be willing to travel domestic and international
• Must be willing to work in Miami, FL
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV and link to demo reel to be considered
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need.
• Ability to ad-lib effortlessly on- air in various broadcast situations, particularly during breaking news
• Ability to enterprise important, engaging and useful stories for our viewing audience
• Excellent interviewing skills
• Detail oriented
• Creative and highly organized
• Strong interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.