NBC Universal Technical Project Manager in Hialeah, Florida
Job Number 34295BR
Job Title Technical Project Manager
Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
Sub-Business TLMD Operations
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Telemundo Enterprises has an opening for a Technical Project Manager to support large scale projects and technical workflow change management in the areas of Technology and Operations.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
• Responsible for developing, planning and executing strategic initiatives and other medium to large scale projects; provide project and program management support
• Responsible for defining, streamlining and implementing new workflows and processes across all departments of Technology and Operations
• Establish new quality standards, processes and implement tools to improve, measure and monitor the services delivered by Telemundo Technology and Operations to its internal and external clients.
• Approach Project Management in a pragmatic way and analyze workload generated versus positive impact on the project and the organization overall.
• Responsible for coordination across various projects; liaise between project teams and keep the teams coordinated
• Responsible for overall project tracking and updates to management with regard to project budgets, milestones, deadlines and deliverables
• Provide technical expertise and identify solutions to teams to help resolve issues
• Responsible for managing projects from conceptual stage through to launch including timelines, tasks, budget and reporting
• Work with leadership to ensure all operational, production, and technical requirements are defined, documented and protected throughout transitions
• Work closely with operational partners and handle client-facing communications with regard to change management
• Assist with the implementation of project management governance program, implementing best practices and defining standards as appropriate
• Provide technical and operational expertise to support Telemundo organizations and productions on a daily basis
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Film/TV production or Operations, or related field preferred and a minimum 5 years technical and operational experience in large scale media environment (Broadcast, TV, News and information, Live Entertainment); or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated success managing large projects and change management efforts, with the ability to define, communicate and implement the strategic direction of the business
• Operational background, including production operations, live entertainment programming, studios, digital technologies, post production, and experience of IT file based workflows, and technical on air
• Experience leading cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units
• Demonstrated leadership, management & analytical skills required, project-based management experience highly desirable
• Proven success working in a matrix organization influencing stakeholders across multiple business units and on all levels of management
• Ability to lead and direct others, promote positive work environment and problem solve
• Must be self-motivating, self-sufficient and have the strong ability to work effectively as an individual or as part of a team.
• Proven ability to work and communicate effectively under tight deadlines, in high-pressure situations and in a team-oriented environment to work well under pressure
• Process oriented, good at identifying and implementing best practices, and very organized
• Change agent; creative and adaptable when facing challenges
• Ability to develop strong client relationships with multiple business units and their representatives
• Superior communications skills; demonstration of best in class customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, MS Project and other related tools
• Preferred: PMP Certification
• Preferred: Bilingual English / Spanish
• Preferred: LEAN/CAP training and experience
• Preferred: Six Sigma Green and/or Black Belt Certification
• Interested candidates must submit resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Hialeah, FL and/or greater Miami, FL area
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Desired Characteristics n/a
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.