NBC Universal Multimedia Journalist in Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Number 34063BR
Job Title Multimedia Journalist
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM KBLR
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 17 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 53 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Las Vegas
Telemundo Las Vegas is currently looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with an outstanding writing and verbal communications skills. Individual must also have knowledge of the Edius editing system, lighting and camera operation.
• This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing and editing daily stories, enterprising story ideas and developing contacts.
• Candidate will also gather material to contribute in the building the news rundown.
• Individual will also produce and publish daily content/stories on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking and mobile phone use, in addition to television.
• Individual will also be responsible to assist in the production of the live broadcast.
• Candidate must have sharp news judgment and have an ability to work independently.
• As a multi-media journalist candidate will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
• Positive leader inside and outside the newsroom.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television.
• Experienced with live shots.
• Skilled, creative and content-driven live shots. Be an active newshound and be informed of local and national events and news.
• Knowledge of ENPS, INEWS, Edius a plus.
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas.
• Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations.
• Work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Candidate must work effectively with other in a team oriented environment.
• Independent problem solving & multi-tasking.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered at nbcunicareers.com.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist.
BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
• Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas, NV location.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• The position requires traveling.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.