NBC Universal News Producer in Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Number 35031BR
Job Title News Producer
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM KBLR
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 17 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 53 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Las Vegas
• Conceptualize and write Spanish language news stories and banners.
• Check scripts for accuracy and grammar.
• Coordinate script and storyline with correct video sources and graphics for news briefs..
• Coordinate field reporters to ensure on-time broadcast.
• Log news and inform the producer of available material that can be used in their newscast.
• Produce and write breaking-news under short deadline.
• Coordinate interviews, satellites and other feeds write breaking-news under short deadline.
• BA or Equivalent.
• 1 or 2 years of line producing experience in a medium/large market.
• Must have strong writing skills (SPANISH).
• Must be able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts (Must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays).
• Must be willing to work at the station in Las Vegas, NV.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Demonstrated solid news judgment.
• Strong skills producing live reports including coordinating with a live control room.
• Able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.