NBC Universal Coordinator – Hardlines EMEA (Fixed Term Contract) in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 34078BR
Job Title Coordinator – Hardlines EMEA (Fixed Term Contract)
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business International Consumer Products
Posting Category Marketing
About Us NBCUniversal’s international operations outside the US and Canada include film and television distribution, home entertainment distribution, channels, film and television production, theme parks and news operations. The company is led by Kevin MacLellan, Chairman. MacLellan is responsible for oversight of all NBCUniversal International’s businesses, as well as identifying and executing international growth opportunities for both NBCUniversal and Comcast Corporation. With more than 2,200 employees across 34 countries, NBCUniversal’s international portfolio consists of international channels delivering quality content to 176 territories across EMEA, Latin America and Asia; television production labels in both UK and Australia; a library of 4,000 feature films and 75,000 TV episodes for international television distribution; direct film distribution operations in 11 countries; direct home entertainment distribution operations in 7 countries with licensee relationships covering approximately 55 additional territories; CNBC International, which broadcasts across EMEA and APAC; Parks & Resorts operated through license agreements in Singapore and Japan; and an international NBC News team based in London.
Career Level Entry-Level
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
As part of the Brand Development Team, the coordinator supports the Category team in helping to deliver the agreed long-term strategy for the Universal CP in EMEA & help deliver a sustainable business that achieves the Company’s annual revenue targets.
FINANCE AND BUSINESS SUPPORT
• Work with Category Managers and Legal Team to implement licensee data entry, and ensure that a deal critical path - from business plan submission to contract full execution - is handled according to the Company’s timelines & procedures
• Obtain quarterly sales projections from licensees in support of the forecasting process, in order to provide Category input to the multi-year strategic plan and highlight upsides or sensitivities
• Assist the team in compiling and analyzing:
o Retail sell-through information, in preparation of business overview reports and ad hoc analysis as necessary. To become NPD literate & generate monthly analysis
o Competitive Performance Tracking e.g. retail visits etc…
• Maintain a day to day relationship with licensees, CP teams, retailers and agents internationally, keeping the licensees lists/ buyers guides, primetime lists updated, monitoring the status of all activities, collecting relevant data and sharing reports internally.
• Support the Category Managers in facilitating product development, enhancing effective communications with Creative Team, and support licensees adhering to critical path and timelines
• Provide Country, Retail and Marketing teams with any requested licensee/product information, in support of sales pitches, brand presentations, and road shows
RELATIONSHIP BUILDING - EMEA/ INTERNATIONAL/ NA TEAM
• Ongoing liaison with internal market teams & agents providing information and regular updates.
• Work cross category with the Hardlines, Promotions, Franchise & Retail teams and Universal departments to maximise synergy activity and develop promotional opportunities.
Work with the retail team to identify the key retail partners for your categories. Develop relationships with the decision makers at your Key Accounts e.g. Puzzle buyer at TRU
Understand key seasonalities and important dates on the retail calendar e.g. Summer for OSC
• Responsible for developing and managing (directly & via agents) a limited portfolio of licensees to grow the CP business. Compile licensee performance reports and critically evaluate the licensee base to ensure we have the right amount and best quality partners.
• Direct management of allocated licensees.
• Negotiate the best deals (in line with CP guidelines and business objectives) and manage the process from contract to product development and execution.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in the Licensing or a marketing environment with proven track record of solid analytical reports and sales presentations
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines
• Go getting team player with strong communication skills at all levels
• Multi tasker with the ability to be flexible & hit deadlines
• Educated to degree level
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word and Power Point)
• Fluent in English, and ideally one important language within the EMEA region
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.