NBC Universal Data Wrangler in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 34040BR
Job Title Data Wrangler
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business International UPI
Posting Category Motion Pictures
About Us For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
Universal Pictures International is seeking a detail-orientated, methodical, organised Data Wrangler who has had previous experience in a Post Production environment.
The Data Wrangler will manage data traffic in transit, and be responsible for safe storage of this data once it is in immediate access storage, mid term and long-term archive storage. They will also ensure and be responsible for integrity of data with no loss or corruption of valuable media assets.
The data we deal with is vital to the operation and work of several departments across the company, and these assets that are not only of significant financial value the company; they are highly sensitive and must be treated as such. The Data Wrangler will ensure data and assets are managed, stored and archived correctly and safely, and to oversee the correct handling of them in transit employing all the security and anti-piracy processes required to stop penetration into our systems that could cause loss of data, corruption of assets or theft of company property.
The Data Wrangler will report directly to the Senior Media Encoder, but will also work under the Creative Operations Manager, and Shift Supervisors on a day-to-day basis.
The Data Wrangler will work closely with the Media Asset Coordinator to catalogue assets, ensuring a full and accurate inventory of material is maintained at all times.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Inspect and store all material received from P2P and external delivery platforms
• Store all data received in appropriate storage tier, maintain integrity of data
• Maintain clear space on scratch disks and temporary storage
• Log, track and manage all tiers of storage (immediate, near-line, long term / archive)
• Manage the migration of projects through the tiers of storage from active, to midterm to long term archive
• Manage and catalogue master assets for all complete projects
• Be responsible for all I/O in conjunction with Post Operator/supervisors
• Transfer all data to with checksums / suitable methods to ensure integrity
• Maintain data and asset integrity across all storage tiers and formats
• Ensure safety duplicates are created for all final master asset compliments
• Data entry and cataloguing in various platforms e.g. U-track / ScheduALL
• Liaise with media librarian to catalogue assets in both physical and digital storage
• Report on material received to stake holders as appropriate
Essential Skills and attributes
• Meticulous attention to detail
• High level of organisational skills
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Experience within a post-production facility
• Experience of managing high levels of I/O data traffic
• Experience of various encryption types
• Experience of different storage systems
• Experience of tape archives / LTO
• Experience of secure digi-delivery
• Understanding of checksum
• Good communication skills
• Experience of data entry / library cataloguing
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.