NBC Universal Features Producer in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 35197BR
Job Title Features Producer
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC International
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us CNBC is the recognized global leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage and business information. CNBC’s international operations include regional networks in Europe and Asia-Pacific that provide the latest market information, unrivalled coverage of breaking news, in-depth analysis, and interviews with business leaders. CNBC in Europe reaches more than 110 million households, in addition to leading banks, financial institutions, and hotels across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. CNBC in Asia-Pacific reaches more than 70 million households in 21 countries.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
The Features Producer is responsible for researching, developing and producing content for a variety of CNBC formats. They will work in close collaboration and coordinate with the editorial and technical teams in the London newsroom, including senior producers and broadcast operations, on overall content and production. The role is based in London and will report to the Executive Producer.
• Produce a variety of CNBC’s feature programmes in both long and short-forms
• Demonstrate strong news judgment through research, reading and pursuing relevant and compelling stories
• Identify and develop original and creative ideas and stories
• Proof read, fact check and conduct due diligence on ideas and scripts submitted by other producers
• Book and pursue top guests and work to develop new guest relationships
• Work in close collaboration with colleagues across the newsroom, including senior producers and news editors, anchors
• Cooperate with other departments, especially broadcast operations and graphics, to make the best possible programming
• Occasional preparation of core news segments from features content
• Occasional assignment to CNBC’s live or pre-recorded outside broadcasts
• Work with CNBC global teams as necessary
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• Previous experience in TV features programming essential (proven credit citation as Producer)
• Knowledge of INews, Final Cut Pro, TV Production systems, TV graphic systems
• Good understanding of the role of digital and social media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery
• Capability to handle short and flexible deadlines and work in a face-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills
• A passion or interest in business, economics, and financial markets desirable but not essential
• High standard of written English
• Additional languages would be beneficial
• Eligible to work in the UK
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.