NBC Universal Finance Manager, Licensing in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 34627BR
Job Title Finance Manager, Licensing
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film UPG International
Posting Category Finance
About Us For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
The role is a key support to the International Home Entertainment Licensing team across 23 x countries in setting financial targets, measuring performance and providing support to the Sales Team in negotiations.
This role will report into the Finance Director in Hamburg and will be based either in our London or Hamburg offices, depending on the successful candidate.
• Finance lead for all licensing commercial support, generating insights with the aim of maximizing royalty income and Sales Team performance.
• Full budgeting and tracking responsibility for the Home Entertainment Licensing function. The role is responsible for re-forecast updates, variance analysis and quarterly pacing provided to the head-quarter Global FP&A team.
• The role is also responsible for updating and supporting the group with understanding the licensing dashboard.
• Drive the finance process to improve efficiencies
• Finance ownership of Licensee sales reporting via LMS royalty system.
• Key finance contact to auditors for worldwide licensee audits
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related area.
• Solid experience working in both FP&A and Controllership.
• Excellent Excel, Financial Modeling and analytical skills.
• Accounting qualification or MBA.
• Microsoft Access skills.
• Knowledge of Business Warehouse / SAP is a significant advantage
• International experience and experience of a head-office environment working across multiple business units.
• Experience of and passion for media/entertainment.
• Good communicator, well organized and able to prioritize multiple and competing priorities.
• A proven track record of converting data into insights and have the ability to influence non-Finance people.
• An independent, self-starter; able to function operating remotely from a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.