NBC Universal HR Manager, Corporate Functions (12 month fixed term) in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 34380BR
Job Title HR Manager, Corporate Functions (12 month fixed term)
Business Segment Global Distribution and International
Sub-Business International Corporate
Posting Category Human Resources
About Us NBCUniversal’s international operations outside the US and Canada include film and television distribution, home entertainment distribution, channels, film and television production, theme parks and news operations. The company is led by Kevin MacLellan, Chairman. MacLellan is responsible for oversight of all NBCUniversal International’s businesses, as well as identifying and executing international growth opportunities for both NBCUniversal and Comcast Corporation. With more than 2,200 employees across 34 countries, NBCUniversal’s international portfolio consists of international channels delivering quality content to 176 territories across EMEA, Latin America and Asia; television production labels in both UK and Australia; a library of 4,000 feature films and 75,000 TV episodes for international television distribution; direct film distribution operations in 11 countries; direct home entertainment distribution operations in 7 countries with licensee relationships covering approximately 55 additional territories; CNBC International, which broadcasts across EMEA and APAC; Parks & Resorts operated through license agreements in Singapore and Japan; and an international NBC News team based in London.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
We’re looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager who can help us drive the International People Agenda forward for the Legal, Finance and HR functions within NBC Universal International, as well as being the day to day business partner for the subject matter expert groups that sit within Legal, Finance & HR.
This is a really exciting role for someone who enjoys developing strong partnerships with these client groups and who has the ability to adapt and flex on a regular basis. The role is truly generalist in nature and we’ll look to you to provide expert advice, proactive solutions and strong partnering on all aspects of the core employee lifecycle plus also deliver on interesting and key projects that really enhance the overall employee experience across the International landscape.
Our People Agenda focuses on;
Attract the best
• Be the brand ambassador for NBCUniversal throughout the recruitment process, ensuring that candidates have a second to none experience.
• Be a great partner to the hiring Manager, the outsourced recruitment model and our internal Talent team to find and attract the best candidates both internally and externally.
Learning & Development
• Get to know the talent across your client groups and the entire function and pro-actively partner with all levels of Management to identify business needs, skills gaps and development opportunities for your group.
• Some of our client groups are part of a global function so partnering with HR colleagues located in the US to deliver a global experience for certain activities/projects will be key.
• Be a brand ambassador for the development offerings and ensure you and your Managers are fully aware of the opportunities and the overall curriculum.
• Be passionate about driving key HR initiatives forward for all client groups, including HR4HR.
Employee Relations & Immigration
• Demonstrate your strong knowledge on how to provide the best employment advice within the UK and an idea of how things work within the rest of our international portfolio.
• Advise Managers on performance management practices, disciplinary and grievance processes, and how to navigate difficult and nuanced conversations with their employees.
• Be a passionate and enthusiastic cultural ambassador, ensuring values and behaviours are consistently communicated and upheld and help your managers to do the same.
• Expect to take the lead on any organisational design, restructure, and redundancy processes as we grow and evolve.
• Get connected with our internal Global Mobility team who help maintain best practice standards on immigration processes and ensure that all assignments and immigration are efficiently managed.
• Awareness of our freelancer population and implementing the right solution in line with NBCU practices.
• There is a vast array of projects to lead or get involved in and we can’t wait to share them with you once you apply!
• You will have direct responsibility for the day to day activity of a HR Coordinator, working with them to achieve their potential and ensuring that employee data and HR basics are accurate.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• You will be an experienced all-round HR expert who is also a commercial business partner.
• You need to be able to work independently, cope in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
• Our environment is heavily matrixed so the ability to navigate this, collaborate and ensure all stakeholders are communicated with is key.
• Multi-tasking is crucial for this role- you will be someone that is solutions focused and able to deliver on potentially complex matters in a timely and efficient way. You’ll consider attention to detail one of your strengths, working with a methodical approach, prioritising your workload and have great organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to communicate across all levels and flex your style in various scenarios.
• You’re able to really demonstrate the ‘human’ in human resources, understanding your groups and coming up with appropriate solutions.
• We want to see your passion, particularly for Media.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation to prove they are able to work in the United Kingdom.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.