NBC Universal Interim HR Director, UPHE (9-12 month maternity cover) in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 33530BR
Job Title Interim HR Director, UPHE (9-12 month maternity cover)
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business International UPHE
Posting Category Human Resources
About Us NBCUniversal International
NBC Universal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Universal Pictures creates and distributes theatrical and nontheatrical filmed entertainment. Universal's theatrical slate includes films developed internally, along with coproductions, acquisitions, and films developed by outside partners and distributed by the studio.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) markets and distributes NBC Universal’s contemporary and classic theatrical and television product, spanning properties from the company’s Universal Pictures, Focus Features and Universal Media Studios, as well as DVD Original titles from Universal 1440 Entertainment and select third-party productions, including entertainment from Open Road Films and Mattel. The Company is also leading the way in exploring innovative technologies and in developing and adapting dynamic new initiatives for the evolving home entertainment market, including the high-definition format Blu-ray and the industry’s revolutionary digital storage service, UltraViolet.
UPHE has direct operations (OpCos) in the US, UK, Belgium, Canada, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, New Zealand and Japan. The Company also has distribution partnerships in Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Spain and Russia, and sells and distributes home entertainment product via licensees covering another 52 territories.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
This position is a 9-12 month maternity cover that will lead the HR team responsible for driving the people strategy for UPHE in the UK, as well as partner and align with the Global Film and International HR teams.
• Be a business partner to the UK Managing Director, EVP UPHE Content Group, EVP Global Partnership & Sales, and Nordics Managing Director and become an active member of these senior leadership teams, keeping them focused on key people priorities
• Ensure growth plans are executed successfully by leveraging relationships with the Global UPHE HR team, corporate functions and regional HR roles, ensuring all concerned have clear oversight of business plans and objectives
• Manage annual organisational and talent review process for client groups and subsequent strategy planning for the HR agenda, building bench strength across the UPHE teams
• Responsible for recruitment oversight, headcount and budget management across client groups
• Act as liaison between clients and core functions by communicating information relating to career development, recognition programmes, benefits, training and staffing
• Serve as primary HR contact for compensation and title equity, talent reviews, succession planning and recruitment across client groups
• Provide HR counsel to leaders and their teams on employee relations issues, ensuring fair and consistent application of policies and practices
• Support VP HR with Global UPHE HR agenda, driving consistent initiatives
• Provide guidance and support to HR Generalist and Coordinator, as well as establish a close relationship with HRMs in other countries to support their development and ensure the people agenda is prioritised
• Partner/collaborate with HR colleagues across NBCUniversal to drive projects and bring initiatives to fruition
• Commercially aware with proven ability to identify and drive HR strategy within a global environment
• Able to work cross-functionally and optimise the NBCU HR network
• Identifies key priorities within a heavy HR workload and executes on them
• Provides timely and creative HR solutions to business issues
• Provides clear HR guidance and support to leaders and employees throughout the business
• Ambassador of the business with sufficient stature internally to represent the business
• Understands and can interpret employment law within the UK and some other countries
• Executive presence and judgement to really drive the People Agenda. But always with a sense of humour and ‘can do’ approach